RØDE introduced the original and very compact Wireless GO mic back in 2019, and you can read RedShark's review here. It has now introduced the newest version, the RØDE Wireless GO II, and promise it's not only the smallest microphone system in the world, but offers powerful features for many different types of production.
The new Wireless GO II kit comes with two transmitters and one receiver, and has many of the same features as the original, plus some new ones:
- Dual-channel wireless audio.
- Switch between mono and stereo.
- Full control with the RØDE Central app (Mac and Windows).
- Series IV 2.4 GHz digital transmission with 128-bit encryption.
- Ability for on-board recording.
- 200 meter line of sight range.
- Gain control from 3-stage pad to 10-stage pad.
- Safety channel at -20 dB as a backup option.
- 5mm analog TRS output option, plus a USB-C and iOS digital audio output options.
- Up to 7 hours of battery life.
The RØDE Wireless GO II is a versatile microphone system for most productions, particularly for YouTubers, Vloggers, and backpack journalists looking for a small, professional, and affordable option. Especially since it's priced at $299 USD.
The Wireless GO II can not only be used with a camera, but also with a phone or computer, making it very versatile.
Visit RØDE's Wireless GO II page to learn more.