RedShark is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
By visiting this website or providing your personal information to us, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679, the data controller is Business League Limited (T/A RedShark), Clifton House, Basingstoke, RG21 7JE, United Kingdom.
Information we may collect about you
We may collect and process the following information about you:
Information you provide to us
Information we collect about you
When you visit our website we may automatically collect information about your computer, including your IP address, information about your visit, your location, your browsing history, and how you use our website. This information may be combined with other information you provide to us, as described above.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and interests and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping
- to improve our products and services
- to send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- to contact you occasionally via email, phone, fax or mail
- to customise our website according to your interests
How we use your personal information
We use personal information about you in connection with the following purposes:
Fulfilling your requests:
- to provide you with news, information, products and services that you request from us
- to complete any transaction that you are undertaking with us
- to administer any promotion that you enter via our website
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- to provide you with information about goods and services we or our partners offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about
- to provide you with information about goods or services that may interest you
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you, which may be based on your activity on our website
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may interest you, which may be based on your activity on our website
Service Improvements and account management:
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you
- to administer our site and for internal business administration and operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- to notify you about changes to our service and to send you service emails relating to your account
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure
- to manage and operate your account with us
Where we store your personal information
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting as part of our service as a news and information provider.
If you no longer wish to receive news and promotional emails from RedShark, click the unsubscribe link that’s included at the end of every email.
If you have a Lightworks account, you can control your email preferences for both Lightworks and RedShark mailing lists, here: www.lwks.com/privacy-policy
Updated: 25th May 2018
- Saturday 15 Jun 2019 - (20591) What's it like using a top-end camera (the Sony F65) on a low-budget indie film?
- Friday 14 Jun 2019 - (18109) Here's what happens when DJI and GoPro go head to head
- Saturday 22 Jun 2019 - (10903) How to Make a DCP (Digital Cinema Package)
- Monday 17 Jun 2019 - (6686) Can the DJI Osmo Action cam beat the GoPro Hero 7?
- Saturday 15 Jun 2019 - (6438) This is why we don't do camera "shoot-outs"
- Wednesday 26 Jun 2019 - (309) How to make an impressively deepfake Tom Cruise
- Tuesday 25 Jun 2019 - (621) Raspberry Pi now available in new 4K flavour
- Tuesday 25 Jun 2019 - (962) Accusonus announces ERA 4, possibly the most simple to use, yet advanced, audio plugins we've seen
- Tuesday 25 Jun 2019 - (578) Live from Berlin - Live Production and Streaming for video makers
- Tuesday 25 Jun 2019 - (4918) The URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2 is an entirely new genre of camera