Canon has introduced a new wide angle zoom lens for EOS R-series cameras, including the upcoming R3. The RF14-35mm F4 L IS USM is Canon's largest zoom for a wide angle AF lens for full-frame cameras, and great for both video and photography.
The lens is ideal for landscape photography and video, interiors (particularly useful for realty videos and photos), and more. Canon also suggests it's a good option for travel vlogs and photography. If you have an EOS R5 or R6, or planning on picking up the R3, this would be a great lens to add to your RF collection.
Canon RF14-35mm F4 L IS USM lens features
- A focal length of 14 to 35mm.
- Constant f/4 (up to f/22) aperture, while maintaining high image quality.
- Minimum focusing distance of 7.9 in. (0.2m) at all zoom settings.
- Maximum magnification of 0.38x, at 35mm zoom setting.
- High speed, quiet, and smooth autofocus via Canon’s Nano USM.
- 114°00' – 63°00' angle of view.
- 16 elements in 12 groups.
- Three UD-glass elements (three Aspherical elements), including one UD Aspherical element.
- Nine circular aperture blades.
- 5 stops of optical image stabilization with EOS R and RP, and up to 7 stops of coordinated IS correction with an EOS R5 or R6 via in-body image stabilization (IBIS).
- It uses 77mm screw-in filters
- Weather- and dust-resistant design.
- Weighs just 1.2 lbs. (about 544 g), perfect for handheld or gimbal filming.
Example image taken with the lens by photographer Kahli Hindmarsh.
The Canon RF14-35mm F4 L IS USM lens will retail for $1699 USD, and will be available in August 2021. Learn more on the Canon website.