When VEGAS Pro 19 was released last summer, the company said they would stay busy developing the ubiquitous NLE, and it's delivered on that promise. The latest update includes some new features and improvements, but the biggest one is Apple ProRes support. Let's take a closer look.
Since launching VEGAS Pro 19 in August 2021, the team has released updates in the fall and New Year 2022, which included improved Optical Flow slow motion and several other new and improved features. The latest "significant update" brings long-awaited support for Apple's ProRes, one of the most popular and in-demand formats.
VEGAS 19's ProRes support includes ProRes 4444 XQ, ProRes 422 HQ, ProRes 422, ProRes 4444, ProRes 422 LT, and ProRes 422 Proxy, giving editors plenty of options. You'll be able to import, edit, and export ProRes video.
Other new and updated features include:
- Beta release of the Speech to Text feature, which includes automatic subtitle generation and export of SRT, SUB, and TXT files.
- The VEGAS Hub and Hub Explorer Windows can be accessed quickly as they are now part of the default layout.
- The Color Grading Panel can be used in the media, track, and video output levels.
- Organize Artificial Intelligence plug-ins with the new AI Tab found in the Video Plug-Ins Window.
- Set timeline clip events to automatically adjust to show all frames. This is particularly useful when the playback rate changes, such as fast or slow motion, and the event has to resize.
- Smoothly morph an image between mesh points with the Option in Mesh Warp, which allows you to specify adjusting one mesh point will affect other mesh points surrounding it.
- If your system is a little older or underpowered, you can use the Turn Off Video Preview function to improve render performance.
- And much more.
The update is available now for VEGAS Pro 19 users. The team behind VEGAS Pro will continue their commitment to working on new features and improvements. You can learn more about the latest updates and the three different options, which include VEGAS Edit, VEGAS Pro, and VEGAS Post, at VEGAS' website.