This week Blackmagic Design released a new firmware for its Ursa Mini Pro 12K camera that gives it new frame rates.
The Ursa Mini Pro 12K. Image: Blackmagic Design.
The new update means that the URSA 12K is now becoming a bit of a high frame rate monster. 12K at 60p was already an impressive achievement, but now you can shoot 2.4:1 12K at up to 75fps, with 8K now being possible at 120fps. The full list of new frame rates and functionality is listed below.
Blackmagic Ursa Mini Pro 12K new frame rates
- Increased 12K 2.4:1 maximum frame rate to 75 fps.
- Increased 8K DCI, 16:9 and 6:5 Anamorphic to 120 fps.
- Increased 4K DCI, 16:9 and 6:5 Anamorphic to 120 fps.
- Increased 8K 2.4:1 and 4K 2.4:1 to 160 fps.
- Increased 4K Super 16 to 240 fps.
- Adds Blackmagic RAW stills capture support.
- Adds broadcast lens connector support.
New features for Blackmagic URSA Viewfinder.
- Adds support for new 12K LUT’s.
- Adds support for new 12K exposure metering.
Download the new free update from Blackmagic Design's support page.