AJA has announced the T-TAP Pro, a device that lets users output 12G-SDI or HDMI 2.0 to a monitor from any Thunderbolt 3 equipped Mac or PC.
The device looks like it could be a really great solution for people looking for a simple way to output 4K over SDI or HDMI for monitoring from their computers, no matter where they are in the world.
The device is currently supported by Apple's Final Cut Pro as well as Adobe's Premiere Pro, After Effects and related apps, as well as AVID Media Composer and Pro Tools amongst others. AJA is also working with partners to further compatibility, such as Colorfront with Express Dailies, On-Set Dailies, Transkoder, and Streaming Player.
The rear of the AJA T-TAP Pro. Image: AJA.
AJA T-TAP Pro key features
- Compact Thunderbolt 3 video and audio output
- Silent-running designed-in for critical monitoring environments such as audio mixing, screenings or on-set
- 12G-SDI and HDMI 2.0 connectivity for working with 4K/UltraHD over a single cable, with simultaneous output on both connections
- Support for up to 4K/UltraHD/HD output over SDI and HDMI up to 60p
- 10 and 12-bit uncompressed quality
- HDR support for Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG) and HDR10, as well as Dolby Vision™ via the AJA Software Development Kit (SDK); HDR signaling over both HDMI and SDI
- Thunderbolt 3 single-cable connectivity on Mac and PC
- 16-channel embedded SDI audio output
- 8-channel embedded HDMI audio output
- Front panel audio levels reference display
- 2-channel 3.5mm headphone output with rotary knob adjustment
The AJA T-TAP Pro is available now for an MRSP or US$795. For more information visit the AJA website.