AJA's new HDR Image Analyzer aims to help smooth out HDR production monitoring, while a firmware update to its FS-HDR converter enables new functionality.
The new HDR Image Analyser from AJA is a real-time HDR monitoring and analysis system that has been developed in conjunction with ColorFront. The aim of the new device is to assist HDR productions by providing waveform, histogram, and vectorscope monitoring for HDR video up to 4K resolution.
The electronics are contained within a 1RU rack mount chassis and can be used to analyse both PQ and HLG HDR formats using its four 3G-SDI inputs. The full list of features is as follows.
- Support for display referred SDR (Rec.709), HDR ST 2084/PQ and HLG analysis
- Support for scene referred ARRI, Canon, Panasonic, RED and Sony camera color spaces
- Display and color processing look up table (LUT) support
- Automatic color space conversion based on the award winning Colorfront Engine™
- CIE graph, vectorscope, waveform and histogram support
- Nit levels and phase metering
- False color mode to easily spot out of gamut/out of brightness pixels
- Advanced out of gamut and out of brightness detection with error intolerance
- Data analyzer with pixel picker
- Line mode to focus a region of interest onto a single horizontal or vertical line
- File base error logging with timecode
- Reference still store
- UltraHD UI for native-resolution picture display
- Up to 4K/UltraHD 60p over four 3G-SDI inputs, with loop out
- SDI auto signal detection
- Loop through output to broadcast monitors
- Three-year warranty
FS-HDR firmware update
The second announcement from the company is the v2.6 update to the FS-HDR HDR and WDG converter firmware. The new update includes new "Dynamic" 3D LUTs with LUT support from Pomfort LiveGrade Pro and TV Logic WonderLookPro. A new gang control brings 8K support as well as featuring new colour transformation enhancements. The full list of features is below.
Colorfront Engine support for new HDR output transforms:
- S-Log3/BT.2020 Output Dynamic Range and Gamut
- ARRI Log C Output Dynamic Range and Gamut
Updated BBC v1.2 HLG LUTs:
- SDR Scene-Referred (SR) to HLG
- SDR Display-Referred (DR) to HLG
- PQ 1000 nits to HLG
- S-Log3 100% to HLG
- S-Log3 200% (SR-Live) to HLG
- HLG to SDR Display-Referred (DR)
- HLG to PQ 1000 nit
New BBC v1.2 HLG LUTs:
- SDR SR up-conversion to HLG
- SDR DR up-conversion to HLG
- PQ 4000 nits to HLG
- HLG to SDR Scene Referred SR
3D LUT Uploads:
The ability to upload and store multiple custom 3D.CUBE LUTs and user presets to recall.
Ganged Operation of Colorfront Engine parameters with the AJA FS-HDR Control Link app:
Gang multiple FS-HDRs on the same network using the FS-HDR Control Link v1.1 application, including four FS-HDRs for 8K workflows. Easily make Colorfront Engine adjustments by implementing parameter changes to one unit that simultaneously apply to all ganged units using FS-HDR’s applications GUI or a Tangent Element Kb twelve knob panel.
Pomfort LiveGrade Pro and TV Logic WonderLookPro Support for FS-HDR Dynamic 3D LUTs:
FS-HDR v2.6 is ready for integration with Pomfort LiveGrade Pro; the upcoming LiveGrade Pro update willalso introduce dynamic LUT support for FS-HDR in January. TV Logic WonderLookPro support is available now.
Pricing and Availability
The FS-HDR v2.6 firmware is available now as a free download from AJA's support page.