Phil Holland has just updated his extremely popular sensor chart to include the latest cameras. This isn't just a list of sensor dimensions, but a full graphical illustration of them overlayed over each other so that it is possible to see at a glance how the sensors on the different models of camera compare directly. While Phil is a fantastic DP, it is great to see the effort he is going to to make such information so open and freely available. View the chart by clicking on the image below or the text link that follows it.
11 Jul 2018
New sensor chart shows all major cinema camera sensor sizes at a glance Featured
- Written by RedShark News Staff
This newly updated, and highly useful chart, illustrates all major camera sensors side-by-side.
Read 13369 times
Published in Production
Latest from RedShark News Staff
- Recording audio well is all about the details [Sponsored]
- The Nokia 9 PureView: Could this be the phone of the year?
- AJA's new Image Analyzer could be just what you need for HDR monitoring
- Teradek's RT ACI is a really clever new way to control RED cameras
- FiLMiC Pro receives a major update with 12-stop capable Log V2
- Monday 7 Jan 2019 - (13173) No, Apple hasn't abandoned professionals and it's not going bust. Here's why.
- Monday 14 Jan 2019 - (8075) If you thought data wrangling on earth was hard, spare a thought for NASA!
- Thursday 3 Jan 2019 - (6918) A new take on HDR: One of the best explanations you'll see
- Wednesday 9 Jan 2019 - (4975) Atomos hints at a new type of future for video makers
- Tuesday 8 Jan 2019 - (4388) Panasonic teases more key features for its mirrorless LUMIX S full-frame stills cameras
- Wednesday 16 Jan 2019 - (725) Sony's new a6400 is a 4K video powerhouse
- Wednesday 16 Jan 2019 - (291) The Spectra TFinity ExaScale Tape Library is big. Really big!
- Tuesday 15 Jan 2019 - (699) Take off the tin foil hats, planned obsolescence is not what you think.
- Tuesday 15 Jan 2019 - (4336) No, 8k isn't going to fail just like 3D. Here's why
- Tuesday 15 Jan 2019 - (2745) Sixty years ago, Canon made this. It was revolutionary
3D 4K 8K Adobe Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR Intel lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video