Phil Holland has just updated his extremely popular sensor chart to include the latest cameras. This isn't just a list of sensor dimensions, but a full graphical illustration of them overlayed over each other so that it is possible to see at a glance how the sensors on the different models of camera compare directly. While Phil is a fantastic DP, it is great to see the effort he is going to to make such information so open and freely available. View the chart by clicking on the image below or the text link that follows it.
11 Jul 2018
New sensor chart shows all major cinema camera sensor sizes at a glance Featured
- Written by RedShark News Staff
This newly updated, and highly useful chart, illustrates all major camera sensors side-by-side.
Read 14236 times
Published in Production
Latest from RedShark News Staff
- Teradek shows off its new 4K gear at NAB 2019
- What were the best things at NAB 2019?
- Resolve 16 and Frame.io - We are entering a transformative phase in video production
- Atomos Shogun 7 - We give you the full lowdown straight from CEO Jeromy Young
- ALEXA Mini LF - Everything you need to know with Arri at NAB 2019
- Monday 8 Apr 2019 - (19305) Blackmagic Design's radical new video editor
- Friday 12 Apr 2019 - (13311) FeiyuTech introduces a new action camera along with innovative gimbal technology
- Friday 5 Apr 2019 - (7339) Ten things not to miss at NAB 2019
- Monday 8 Apr 2019 - (6291) DaVinci Resolve 16 is here, and make no mistake, this is a big update
- Sunday 7 Apr 2019 - (6004) Sony focuses on extending the capabilities of existing hardware at NAB 2019
- Friday 19 Apr 2019 - (339) The lion king shows how great modern animation can be
- Friday 19 Apr 2019 - (2282) DaVinci Resolve 16: Hands on with the new Cut Page
- Thursday 18 Apr 2019 - (1226) Sony’s next PlayStation will feature 8K games
- Thursday 18 Apr 2019 - (743) NAB 2019: NewTek adds Tricaster features & more
- Thursday 18 Apr 2019 - (1914) HP Optane memory can provide huge capacities, but could eliminate lost work too
3D 4K 8K Adobe Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR Intel lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video