Adobe’s December 2021 Creative Cloud updates have just been released. Placing our focus upon video and audio tools, here are the new enhancements and workflow refinements now available to us.
- Acceleration for Apple M1 Pro and M1 Max computers
- Leveraging the CPU’s for hardware acceleration for up to 5x performance in 4K and 8K formats.
- Higher resolution HEVC formats on systems running macOS 12.
- Optimized display for Windows systems with integrated GPU’s with improvements between 5-40% depending upon the system
- Color Match is 30% faster and more effects are now GPU-accelerated
Title and Graphics in Premiere Pro
- In the Text panel, titles and graphics in the sequence are searchable and users can perform global searches for Search and Replace as well as spell checking.
- Universal Text Engine allows working with multiple languages and scripts even within the same graphic.
- New shape tools allow addition of polygons to graphics with precise control as well as rounded corner options. This is taken from Photoshop and Illustrator.
Puppet Maker in Character Animator
Previous seen in beta versions, Puppet Maker lets users create and animate their own characters within Character Animator rather than needing to build and rig a puppet in within an Adobe design application (Photoshop or Illustrator).
Transcript-based Lip Sync in Character Animator
Users can now animate their character’s mouth movements with written scripts or transcriptions, even using transcripts generated with Speech to Text in Premiere Pro.
There are also releases for Lightroom and Adobe Camera RAW which include several new cameras and lens profiles.
All of the updates are available through Creative Cloud.