Red Giant Universe is a subscription-based suite of plugins for video editors and filmmakers, which includes motion graphics, image stylizer effects, transitions, text generators, and more. It’s all GPU-accelerated, and supports a host of NLEs and Motion Graphics programs. Red Giant has released Universe 3.2, which comes with five new tools, an updated one, and 100+ presets to help enhance video and film projects further. Let’s dive in.
There are 5 new tools that debuted in the 3.2 update:
- Typographic: Create detailed text animations for broadcast, social media and more.
- Reframe: Create Picture-in-Picture compositions, with full control to create fun and engaging animations.
- Warp: Create transitions with warp, aberrations and color separation - this is really cool.
- Multitone: Stylize video images and add some fun color with a duotone or tritone effect; plenty of great options.
- Socialize: Format your video to proper social media sizes, like Instagram, Facebook and more. This one is especially useful for those who share video or film projects or trailers on social media.
Universe 3.2 has updated looks to match the latest visual styles
In addition, Finisher has been updated with 16 color filters, drawing upon inspiration from film looks, social media apps and photo filters. Red Giant also released over 100 new presets, which is a great quick start to using the features and tools of Universe.
Red Giant Universe 3.2 is available now, and is subscription-based. If you pay upfront, it’s $199 a year, which is the best deal for Universe. If you opt to pay monthly, it costs $30 a month, making it $360 a year, nearly double compared to paying upfront. However, if you only need it for a short time, this may be a good option.
Typographic makes detailed text animation easy
Finally, Red Giant Complete offers every single product that the company makes for $599 a year. If you’re a heavy user of Red Giant’s great tools, this is truly the best option.
Let’s take a quick look at the system requirements and supported apps:
- macOS 10.11 or later
- Windows 10 64-bit
- A quality GPU card; check out Red Giant’s recommended list
Supported NLEs and Motion Graphics Programs
- DaVinci Resolve 14 or later
- Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2017 or later
- Adobe After Effects CC 2017 or later
- Apple Final Cut Pro X 10.2.2 or later
- Apple Motion 5.2.3 or later
- HitFilm Pro 6.0 or later
- Avid Media Composer 8.2 or later
- Magix VEGAS Pro 14 or later
Multitone is one of the new filters in the package.
Red Giant is a leader in plugins and tools for editors, video producers and filmmakers, and the Universe 3.2 update adds to that toolbox. As far as subscriptions go, Universe is priced competitively at $199 a year, if paid upfront. There are plenty of image stylizers, transitions, motion graphics, and more, to help enhance your projects.
Learn more at Red Giant’s site.
Tags: Post & VFX