Hot on the heels of the recent DaVinci Resolve 17.4 release, Blackmagic Design has released another new update.
The new DaVinci Resolve 17.4.1 update is more of a bug fixing release, the full details of which we've listed below.
Blackmagic Design states "This software update fixes issues with automatic recognition of HDR displays on Apple Macs and adds a consistent approach to frame based clip imports. In addition, this update improves fade trimming behaviour on the edit timeline, provides better retention of smart filter settings and fixes issues with playback performance and unicode character display for Text+."
- Improved frame based imports from Finder.
- Addressed an issue with HDR on viewers on Mac.
- Addressed an issue with banding on video clean feed on Mac.
- Addressed incorrect fades when trimming in the edit timeline.
- Addressed an issue displaying certain unicode characters in Text+.
- Addressed an issue where Text+ expressions would not work.
- Addressed slow playback for Text+ with character styling.
- Addressed retention of smart filters between projects.
- Addressed nested macros not rendering or showing previews in Fusion.
- Addressed incorrect Fusion viewer behavior with tablet input devices.
- Addressed trim interpolation for imported XML Dolby Vision metadata.
- Addressed incorrect PAR values on some Blackmagic RAW clips.
- Addressed issue with lost customized subtitle backgrounds.
- Addressed an issue with unintended markers on Sony MXF clips.
- Addressed a decoding issue with Panasonic XAVC clips on Mac.
- General performance and stability improvements.
Grab the update on Blackmagic Design's website.