AJA has unveiled the Io X3, a Thunderbolt 3 professional video and audio I/O device offering HDR or SDR 2K/HD capture and output.
The Io X3 aims to streamline HDR input and output up to 2K 60p on Thunderbolt 3-equipped Mac or PCs running professional video and audio applications.
The Io X3 looks to be a useful capture and output device, and could be used for colour grading, audio mixing, on-set monitoring, or playback, and remote editorial and VFX. Although the lack of 4K may limit its use at the very high-end. The device also includes four independent inputs for use with OBS and Wirecast, as well as simultaneous MultiView monitoring for each source.
There are eight switchable analog audio ports, which allows users to move between eight channels in or out, or to split connectivity between four inputs and four outputs. Headphones can also be connected via a 3.5mm jack. 16-channels of audio is possible on each SDI port, while there are 8-channels on HDMI. The system is also 1RU rack mountable.
AJA Io X3 features:-
- Dual Thunderbolt 3 USB-C ports supporting daisy chaining
- HDR support via SDI and HDMI ports
- Four 3G-SDI bi-directional connections supporting up to 2K/HD p60 YCbCr 10-bit or p30 RGB 12-bit
- HDMI 1.4b up to 2K/HD p60 YCbCr 10-bit or p30 RGB 12-bit I/O; HDR via 2.0 spec implementation
- MultiViewer functionality for displaying up to four inputs for streaming workflows on a single HDMI reference monitor
- Optional rackmount kit for efficient rack mounting of two devices side by side, enabling up to eight channels of HD I/O in 1RU
- Eight-channel analog audio I/O via DB25 connection
- Analog audio ports are switchable between input and output, enabling users to swap between eight channels in or out, or split connectivity between four inputs and four outputs
- Up to 16-channels of embedded audio on each SDI port, and up to 8-channels on HDMI
- 3.5mm stereo analog audio connection for headphones
- Dedicated reference, TLC input, and LTC output connections
- RS-422 control port for tape-based workflows
- Quiet running for critical monitoring environments where silence is required
The AJA Io X3 is available now for USD$1,599. For more information, visit AJA's website.