Worried about managing with the bold, new single-port connectivity of the 2015 Macbook? OWC might have just the product for you: a USB-C Dock with 11 ports for as much connectivity as you can use.
Scheduled to ship in the autumn, the OWC USB-C Dock provides what its makers say is a complete connectivity solution for the 2015 Apple MacBook — and indeed any other computers that utilise USB-C ports.
Slated to be available in pleasingly Mac-matching tones of Silver, Space Gray, and Gold, the eleven ports in question provide:
● Five fully-powered USB 3.1 Generation 1 ports, including: two high-power USB Type-A ports for fast mobile device charging, two USB Type-A ports, and one USB Type-C port
● One full-speed Gigabit Ethernet port adds high-speed wired networking support for use when speed and stability are essential
● One HDMI port for connectivity to an external display (including support up to 4K resolution)
● One SD card reader
● Two audio ports, including audio in and audio out.
● One USB-C port for connecting to your MacBook or other USB-C-enabled host machine.
Usefully it will also ship with its own 80 watt power adapter, ensuring plenty of power for all those essential bus-powered USB peripherals.
Pre-orders are currently open on the OWC website at a $129 pricepoint.