And this one, from RED, showing excerpts from material captured on RED’s DSMC2 platform, is great to watch. It’s significant, too, because RED recently simplified its product range to make the DSMC2 “brain” the minimum specification. The only tangible difference between the models now is the sensor: Gemini, Helium and Monster. The two latter sensors are 8K resolution and the Gemini is 5K, with a very useful additional low light capability.
RED's Sizzling Summer DSMC2 Showreel
- Written by David Shapton
It’s always good to see camera manufacturer’s showreels when they’re put together from user’s footage. This is the real deal.
David is the Editor In Chief of RedShark Publications. He's been a professional columnist and author since 1998, when he started writing for the European Music Technology magazine Sound on Sound. David has worked with professional digital audio and video for the last 25 years.
Latest from David Shapton
- Significant update for iMacs - up to twice the performance
- 1970s sports coverage: familiar but horrifyingly old fashioned
- Live Production and Streaming for video makers: RedShark Connect, Central London, 27th March
- Writing about new technology is important - even if it's a threat to our jobs
- Remarkable tilt-shift video uses old technique to make a compelling film
- Sunday 10 Mar 2019 - (35502) How To Edit. Part 1: Preparation
- Sunday 17 Mar 2019 - (17854) Data Bending: Creating Unique Digital Visual Effects
- Monday 11 Mar 2019 - (11203) The one simple secret of lighting a face
- Tuesday 5 Mar 2019 - (7255) Surprise unveiling of USB 4.0, and it rivals Thunderbolt 3 speeds
- Wednesday 13 Mar 2019 - (6220) The Sony PXW-Z90 - The perfect documentary camera?
- Wednesday 20 Mar 2019 - (223) If you want a good showreel, make a really short film
- Tuesday 19 Mar 2019 - (751) Significant update for iMacs - up to twice the performance
- Tuesday 19 Mar 2019 - (974) The Sony PXW-Z90 - The perfect documentary camera? – Part 2
- Tuesday 19 Mar 2019 - (5664) The Nikon Z 6 - Has the king of the crossover cameras arrived?
- Tuesday 19 Mar 2019 - (1505) High frame rate cinema, what’s going wrong? [opinion]