And this one, from RED, showing excerpts from material captured on RED’s DSMC2 platform, is great to watch. It’s significant, too, because RED recently simplified its product range to make the DSMC2 “brain” the minimum specification. The only tangible difference between the models now is the sensor: Gemini, Helium and Monster. The two latter sensors are 8K resolution and the Gemini is 5K, with a very useful additional low light capability.
RED's Sizzling Summer DSMC2 Showreel
- Written by David Shapton
It’s always good to see camera manufacturer’s showreels when they’re put together from user’s footage. This is the real deal.
David is the Editor In Chief of RedShark Publications. He's been a professional columnist and author since 1998, when he started writing for the European Music Technology magazine Sound on Sound. David has worked with professional digital audio and video for the last 25 years.
Latest from David Shapton
- Netflix aims to simplify post production
- Canon XF705 - Canon's radical rethink of a professional video camera
- Creating and working with 8K and Full Frame: RedShark's Connect event in Amsterdam, Mon 17th September, 7-10pm
- This is Canon's most important camera for ten years. Hands-on with the Mirrorless Canon EOS R
- A new era for Canon starts today with the new "R" series mirrorless camera system
- Friday 7 Sep 2018 - (35623) We've tried the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K. Here's all you need to know
- Saturday 8 Sep 2018 - (33306) For all film makers: How to avoid losing your stuff and where to put it
- Friday 14 Sep 2018 - (8480) Blackmagic Design announces advanced new Blackmagic Raw Codec
- Saturday 15 Sep 2018 - (7345) What’s coming to Adobe Creative Cloud?
- Monday 17 Sep 2018 - (6864) Is DaVinci Resolve now the ultimate end-to-end production suite?
- Thursday 20 Sep 2018 - (127) If you want to stabilise your shot, what's the best option?
- Wednesday 19 Sep 2018 - (328) VR is not dead, but it is just finding its feet
- Wednesday 19 Sep 2018 - (948) The iPhone XS series is now definitively the fastest smartphone you can buy
- Wednesday 19 Sep 2018 - (806) Sony tells us its vision for content delivery
- Tuesday 18 Sep 2018 - (2889) We pay homage to some of the greatest 'long takes' in cinema