While users are still finding their feet with ProRes RAW, there's no doubt that support for the format will become much more widespread eventually. We had a chat with the guys from Atomos at Cinegear this year where they told us about all the advantages of shooting using ProRes RAW vs other raw formats and indeed traditional flavours of ProRes. Watch the video below!
19 Jun 2018
Atomos explains benefits of ProRes RAW
- Written by RedShark News Staff
ProRes RAW is a hot topic right now. When we caught up with the guys from Atomos at Cinegear 2018 they spelled out the advantages for us.
Read 2148 times
Published in Production
Latest from RedShark News Staff
- Friday 7 Sep 2018 - (35622) We've tried the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K. Here's all you need to know
- Saturday 8 Sep 2018 - (33306) For all film makers: How to avoid losing your stuff and where to put it
- Friday 14 Sep 2018 - (8479) Blackmagic Design announces advanced new Blackmagic Raw Codec
- Saturday 15 Sep 2018 - (7345) What’s coming to Adobe Creative Cloud?
- Monday 17 Sep 2018 - (6863) Is DaVinci Resolve now the ultimate end-to-end production suite?
- Thursday 20 Sep 2018 - (120) If you want to stabilise your shot, what's the best option?
- Wednesday 19 Sep 2018 - (324) VR is not dead, but it is just finding its feet
- Wednesday 19 Sep 2018 - (944) The iPhone XS series is now definitively the fastest smartphone you can buy
- Wednesday 19 Sep 2018 - (806) Sony tells us its vision for content delivery
- Tuesday 18 Sep 2018 - (2888) We pay homage to some of the greatest 'long takes' in cinema
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HDR Intel LED lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video