While users are still finding their feet with ProRes RAW, there's no doubt that support for the format will become much more widespread eventually. We had a chat with the guys from Atomos at Cinegear this year where they told us about all the advantages of shooting using ProRes RAW vs other raw formats and indeed traditional flavours of ProRes. Watch the video below!
19 Jun 2018
Atomos explains benefits of ProRes RAW
- Written by RedShark News Staff
ProRes RAW is a hot topic right now. When we caught up with the guys from Atomos at Cinegear 2018 they spelled out the advantages for us.
Read 2645 times
Published in Production
Latest from RedShark News Staff
- Saturday 6 Jul 2019 - (53205) What happens after Moore's Law? It's not what you think!
- Saturday 13 Jul 2019 - (31437) Opinion: Will all cameras eventually have to have Global Shutters?
- Sunday 7 Jul 2019 - (27449) Can Cinematography be too good?
- Sunday 14 Jul 2019 - (20694) The dramatic ways that technology has changed editing
- Thursday 11 Jul 2019 - (11994) A new full-frame camera from SIGMA that's both surprising and different
- Wednesday 17 Jul 2019 - (266) Sony gets even tougher with new SD cards and speedy USB hub
- Wednesday 17 Jul 2019 - (445) Small doorways mean bigger TVs
- Tuesday 16 Jul 2019 - (1012) The α7R IV - In depth with Sony's new full-frame beast
- Tuesday 16 Jul 2019 - (2609) New Sony A7R 1V is a full frame 61MP mirrorless powerhouse with "Medium Format" image quality
- Tuesday 16 Jul 2019 - (838) These moon landing tapes are worth at least $1 million
3D 4K 8K Adobe Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR Intel lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video