The CP.3 XD line of lenses from Zeiss promises to help smooth workflows by providing frame accurate metadata for post production, providing such information as frame distortion and shading characteristics. Aspects that can change depending on the iris setting or focal length being used. The XD line allows filmmakers to gain access to these characteristics for any given frame in the footage, and apply accurate corrections in post.
18 Sep 2017
Metadata capable lenses from Zeiss help to smooth post workflows [video]
- Written by RedShark News Staff
RedShark at IBC 2017: Zeiss make incredible glass for cameras, but is there more that lenses can do for filmmakers than simply transmit light to the sensor? We caught up with the Zeiss at IBC 2017 to find out.
Latest from RedShark News Staff
- Sunday 10 Dec 2017 - (33554) How to understand "Log" or Cine-style recordings
- Sunday 3 Dec 2017 - (31031) Here's how to make your films look good
- Monday 11 Dec 2017 - (29199) For all film makers: How to avoid losing your stuff and where to put it
- Wednesday 13 Dec 2017 - (24977) Want to earn money from your film? You'll find that making it was the easy part...
- Monday 11 Dec 2017 - (9104) More megapixels are coming. Just get used to it [opinion]
- Saturday 16 Dec 2017 - (600) Masters of Light: a classic revisited
- Friday 15 Dec 2017 - (1347) How to get the best from low bitrate cameras
- Friday 15 Dec 2017 - (1416) The essentials of controlling your exposure part 1: aperture
- Friday 15 Dec 2017 - (1175) NewBlueFX Titler Pro 6: an incredibly fast and easy way to create titles
- Thursday 14 Dec 2017 - (3342) Final Cut Pro X 10.4 now unleashed
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HDR IBC iPhone LED lenses Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UAVs UHD VFX video