Boris FX has released Mocha Pro 2020.5, and it's full of improvements and new features, including enhancements to planar tracking, media support, OpenColorIO color management, GPU acceleration, and much more. Plus the new Area Brush and Mega Plate module, which both of which help enhance visual effects work.
Mocha Pro 2020.5: Improvements
Mocha Pro is a leading planar tracking tool for post-production and visual effects, and is available as a standalone app or as a plugin for Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro. With the 2020.5 update, there are plenty of improvements to existing functionality and features.
Planar Tracking Improvements:
- OpenColor IO Color Management Updated: The user interface is updated, with enhanced workflows for the standalone and plugin versions of Mocha Pro, improved viewer settings,
- Media Support Enhanced: File formats such as ProRes on Windows and Linux, MXF, and AVCHD are improved and supported, thanks to the Gstreamer media engine. This is for the standalone app.
- Area Brush: A new paint tool for Mocha Pro with a Quick Mask feature to quickly create new masking and tracking layers, plus gap fill is improved.
- Mega Plate Module: Ideal for more advanced VFX, this new feature allows artists to create stitched frames by working with temporal frame analysis and planar tracking. This is ideal for clean plating, removing objects from a shot, extending sets and much more.
- Autodesk Flame Gmask Tracer: An improved export format for work in Autodesk Flame, allowing Tracking and Roto work to be exported directly as Gmask Tracer nodes. Check out this tutorial to learn more.
- Adobe After Effects
- Premiere Pro
- Avid Media Composer
And these OFX-supported hosts:
- VEGAS Pro
New Features in Mocha Pro
In addition to improvements to existing features and functionality, Boris FX also introduced new features to Mocha Pro.
Other improvements and features include a Lens Module, Insert Module, Stereoscopic Workflows, GPU-accelerated object removal, and much more.
Supported Software and Operating Systems
Mocha Pro is available as a standalone app, supported by macOS, Windows and Linux. In addition, it is available as a plugin for these software systems:
Cost of Mocha Pro
The standalone version is available, with multiple-host plugins, for $595 a year, while subscriptions for each software system start at $295 a year, or $395 for multiple-host plugin support. This is a fairly affordable price to get some high-end VFX software. There are options for buying a new license or upgrading, if you don't want to go the route of subscription.
Mocha Pro 2020.5 offers plenty of new features and improvements to their famed visual effects and post-production software. With subscription prices fairly affordable for both the standalone and plugin versions of the app, if you're handling complex planar tracking and other VFX work, this is a must-have tool.
As always, ensure you have a system that can handle this kind of heavy-duty VFX work, especially with the improved GPU support. Visit Boris FX's Mocha Pro site for more information and to purchase.