Version 12 of Lightworks released today as a Public Beta for Windows and Linux. Brings Windows, Linux and Mac versions of Lightworks to parity for the first time
Lightworks version 12 is now available as a Public Beta across all three platforms that it supports, Editshare announced today.
For the first time, the same version runs on Windows, Linux and Macintosh - possibly a unique achievement for a Professional, fully featured NLE.
As a result of Lightworks' clever software architecture, new features and fixes for all three versions will be available virtually at the same time, barring operating system-specific issues.
Also announced today is the released version of Lightworks version 11.5.2 for Windows and Linux.
Beta testing continues at a rapid pace on the Mac version, but for new users of version 12, here's a list of the substantional changes and additions over the previous version of Lightworks:
- Added new Content Manager structure
- Bins and Groups (previously racks) are now all visible within the content manager
- Multicam Bins (previously Sync groups) are now all visible within the content manager
- The Search function has been incorporated into the content manager (click the magnifying glass)
- Added Clips, Subclips, Prints, Syncs, Edits, Searches, Everything and Recent filters to the content manager
- Added ability to create and edit Filters
- Added ability to create Filters based on search criteria and manage them
- Added the ability to drag/drop files from the OS directly into an open bin (cannot import to Filters)
- Added the ability to import directly into an existing bin (cannot import to Filters)
- Optimised the drawing pipeline. Any/All UI elements are now drawn more efficiently (less laggy)
- Rewritten the Lightworks Play engine to remove the need for the Display Optimisation Field/Frame button
- Added improvements to the export panel to make it easier to select a format for export
- Added entirely new Blur effect to the Effects panel
- Improved responsiveness for image display when moving the timeline marker
- The full list of fixes and other improvements in version 12 can be found here
- You can download the beta software and Lightworks version 11.5.2 for Windows and Linux from www.lwks.com