New live production kit from Blackmagic Design includes the Blackmagic Studio Camera 6K Pro, the ATEM Television Studio HD8, and the ATEM Microphone Converter.
A fair deal announced by Blackmagic today. Let’s start with the Blackmagic Studio Camera 6K Pro, a new more powerful studio camera model from the company that features an EF lens mount, a larger 6K sensor for improved colorimetry and fine detail handling, ND filters, and built in live streaming via Ethernet or mobile data. It’s available immediately worldwide from $2495.
It’s got the same compact all-in-one design of the studio camera family with a lightweight carbon fiber reinforced polycarbonate body, large integrated 7" HDR viewfinder, and some powerful broadcast connections. Here’s the feature list:
- Native 6K sensor with 13 stops of dynamic range.
- Compatible with a wide range of popular EF lenses.
- Live streaming for global remote cameras via Ethernet of mobile data.
- Built in 2, 4 and 6 stop remote controllable ND filters.
- Large 7 inch high brightness viewfinder.
- Includes 12G-SDI, HDMI, 10G Ethernet connections.
- Single 10G Ethernet allows SMPTE fiber style workflow.
- Professional mini XLR inputs with 48 volt phantom power.
- Optional focus and zoom demands for lens control.
- Blackmagic Studio Converter allows all connections via Ethernet.
The sensor features an ISO up to 25,600, and it ships with all the features that you need for studio production include talkback, tally, camera control, built in colour corrector, Blackmagic RAW recording to USB disks, live streaming and more.
That recording to USB function makes it capable of more than studio production too. While it’s certainly designed for live production, being able to record means that it’s not limited to use with a live switcher and can be used pretty much anywhere where users shoot with a tripod. Given the ergonomics of studio cameras, that could make it a hit at wedding/education/corporate gigs.
ATEM Television Studio HD8
The newly available ATEM Television Studio HD8 is a new family of all in one live production switchers that feature broadcast grade control panels with advanced features such as streaming and recording. There is also an ISO model that can record all video inputs and can connect to up to 8 remote cameras. These new switchers also support live streaming, talkback and optional internal storage.
Key to their appeal is portability. They have been designed specifically to be used in small venues that don't have the access for equipment racks or broadcast vans. Customers get a powerful switcher with 8 standards converted SDI inputs, 2 aux outputs, 4 chroma keyers, 2 downstream keyers, SuperSource, 2 media players and lots of transitions. Plus it includes what Blackmagic characterises as “a whole television studio of features” such as hardware streaming, recording, audio mixer, talkback, multiview and optional internal cloud storage. There's even an ISO model that records all 8 inputs for editing.
Pricing starts at $2995. Add on approx $1000 for the ISO model. There’s a lot in here, so here’s the list once more:
- All in one switcher and control panel design.
- Supports connecting up to 8 x SDI cameras.
- Wide range of professional video effects included.
- Internal media for stills and motion graphics.
- 4 ATEM Advanced Chroma Keyers for green/blue screen work.
- Includes SuperSource multi layer processor with 4 DVEs.
- 8 x standards converted 3G-SDI inputs.
- 9 x 3G-SDI program video outputs and 2 x 3G-SDI aux outputs.
- Audio mixer supports limiter, compressor, 6 band EQ and more!
- 16 way multiview for monitoring all cameras on a single monitor.
- Live stream via Ethernet or mobile phones via USB.
- Records to USB flash disks or optional internal cloud storage.
- USB output operates as a webcam and supports all video software.
- ISO model supports recording all video inputs for later editing.
- ISO model records a DaVinci Resolve project file.
- Supports remote internet connected cameras on ISO model.
- Includes free ATEM Software Control for Mac and Windows.
- Localized for 13 popular languages.
- Expands audio inputs with ATEM Microphone Converter.
ATEM Microphone Converter
Lastly, there is also the new ATEM Microphone Converter to briefly talk about. This is a new audio analogue to digital converter that lets customers add additional microphones to ATEM switcher models such as the new ATEM Television Studio HD8 above. Featuring a MADI connection, it means customers don't have to configure any complex settings because the connection is a simple BNC cable. The design features a low noise floor of -129dBV, a dynamic range of 131 dB(A), low distortion of 0.002% and uniform tolerances across all channels. The design also features an HDMI monitoring output with scrolling waveform displays.
Unlike the other two, it’s a coming soon product with a scheduled release of Q2 this year and a price of $395.