Panasonic has now released firmware version 2.0 for its 5.7K EVA1 camera, fulfilling its commitment at product release to AW output and All-Intra recording. It additionally adds several unannounced features which include 2K 240fps RAW output as well as interlaced HD internal recording formats.
ALL-I codecs are enabled as follows:
- 4K 400Mbps 10-bit 4:2:2 29.97p/25p/24p/23.98p
- UHD 400Mbps 10-bit 4:2:2 29.97p/25p/23.98p
- 2K/HD 200Mbps 10-bit 4:2:2 59.94p/50p
- 2K 100Mbps 10-bit 4:2:2 29.97p/25p/24/p/23.98p
VFR is now supported internally in 2K/HD in 4:2:2 Intra at rates up to 120fps.
Other new features both previously-announced and unannounced include:
- Support for Interval recording
- RAW output support at 5.7K up to 30fps, Cropped 4K/60p and Cropped 2K/240p
- Camera metadata can be output superimposed via SDI
- LCD information can be output via HDMI to use HDMI port for as a VF source
- Improvements in home screen operations
- Improved readability of WFM
- Compatibility with 3rd party wired remote controllers.
- Fixed a bug where SDI OUT menu is set to OFF record start/stop on handgrip might not work under certain conditions.
The firmware is a free upgrade for EVA1 users and can be downloaded from the Panasonic website.