Blackmagic Design has released a software update for its BMPCC range of cameras adding new features and the latest colour science.
The new update is free and adds the following features to all three BMPCC models
- Upgrades the luminance histogram to RGB histogram.
- Adds colour channel clipping indicators.
- Adds false colour guide display.
- Adds LCD screen calibration settings.
- Improves auto focus and active lens control.
- Improves focus peaking visibility.
- Fixes an issue with importing LUT’s and Presets.
Meanwhile the BMPCC 4K and 6K models also get the following additions
- Adds support for Generation 5 colour science.
- Adds support for LCD screen dimming for power conservation.
- Adds Q1 and Q3 Blackmagic RAW recording options.
In addition to the above changes Blackmagic RAW 2.0 has also been updated with the following features
- Adds support for Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro 12K.
- Adds support for dual card recording.
- Updates to Blackmagic Generation 5 Color Science.
- Adds DaVinci Wide Gamut and DaVinci Intermediate gamma support.
- Adds support for Nikon Z 6II and Z 7II Blackmagic RAW clips captured by Blackmagic Video Assist.
- General performance and stability improvements.
To download the new updates visit the Blackmagic Design website.