VR & AR
24 Sep 2015
The Star Wars: The Force Awakens team produced this immersive experience as part of Facebook's push for more 360 video. Tour the Jakku desert in an Imperial speeder bike!Read more...
13 Sep 2015
An intriguing end-to-end solution for virtual reality content delivery and management could offer pay-TV outlets the ability to deliver premium VR-services in the near future. What does the system's reliance on users' smartphones mean for the rest of the VR industry?Read more...
04 Sep 2015
A trip to the VRLA's Summer expo left our USA Editor blinking a lot and full of thoughts about the current state of virtual reality and where it's going.Read more...
13 Aug 2015
(Virtually) Regarding Henry: Henry, a new project from the Oculus Story Studios team, nicely illustrates how VR movies will differ from conventional projects.Read more...
Microsoft has finally provided a clear indication of the field of view for its upcoming Hololens augmented reality headset. And while some pundits have decried the rather limited results, it may be a non-issue for its core customers.Read more...
24 Jul 2015
Jaunt VR is making a name for itself as a leader in virtual reality cinema gear and workflows. Now, it's set to debut a new camera aimed squarely at high-end VR production.Read more...
- Saturday 15 Jun 2019 - (20265) What's it like using a top-end camera (the Sony F65) on a low-budget indie film?
- Friday 14 Jun 2019 - (17495) Here's what happens when DJI and GoPro go head to head
- Friday 7 Jun 2019 - (10573) Apple's Mac Pro Afterburner. What just happened?
- Saturday 8 Jun 2019 - (10511) URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2 - Our first impressions of this potentially revolutionary camera
- Monday 10 Jun 2019 - (8755) Think the new Mac Pro is too expensive? It isn't.
- Wednesday 19 Jun 2019 - (738) Hasselblad doubles down on medium format
- Wednesday 19 Jun 2019 - (379) Red Giant releases transformational suite of VFX tools for After Effects
- Tuesday 18 Jun 2019 - (701) Sony updates its NX80 and Z90 cameras to simplify live streaming
- Tuesday 18 Jun 2019 - (732) Showreels tell you nothing about how good a camera is [opinion]
- Tuesday 18 Jun 2019 - (1926) If you want to be more cinematic, you should shoot taller, not wider
3D 4K 8K Adobe Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR Intel lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video