VR & AR
02 Dec 2016
Last month’s NAB show in New York City presented a good opportunity to take a closer video look at how Teradek’s Sphere 360 system works.Read more...
2016 has been the year that VR has arrived as a genuine mass market proposition, and while we wait to see what the volume of headset sales is this holiday season, Oculus Chief Scientist, Michael Abrash, has been mapping out the future of the technology.Read more...
22 Nov 2016
Sphericam might not be a household name, but the company certainly has vision. A week or so at NAB NYC, it announced its new 360 degree camera system.Read more...
IBC’s haul of gadgets and prototypes usually prove so eclectic they may be unclassifiable if you were to meet them on the exhibition floor. This year, though, all things Virtual Reality have cornered the Future Zone.Read more...
11 Sep 2016
Teradek’s new Sphere SDI is a 4-channel 4K (1080 x 4) HD-SDI encoder for live streaming and monitoring 360º content.Read more...
GoPro started fulfilling pre-orders for its new Omni camera on Wednesday, and while new orders will have to wait a projected three weeks for the $4000 unit while it catches up with production, it has leavened the delay with a new video showing just what it’s capable of.Read more...
01 Jul 2016
Interactivity, immersion and stories: Roland Denning explores whether games and movies could ever converge and the fundmental differences between the two types of content.Read more...
17 Jun 2016
Before any of us heard of the phrase 'augmented reality', we were primed for its arrival through point of view shots from a robot's perspective in 1991's Terminator 2.Read more...
- Saturday 17 Aug 2019 - (33933) This is how you animate an eyeball. (This is the best 3D animation we've ever seen.)
- Monday 12 Aug 2019 - (13909) BMPCC 6K: We have one, and here are our first impressions
- Thursday 8 Aug 2019 - (11127) Blackmagic's new BMPCC 6K is here!
- Thursday 8 Aug 2019 - (10520) Liveblog - New Blackmagic Pocket Cinema 6K with EF Mount
- Thursday 15 Aug 2019 - (7864) This might be the most powerful workstation you can buy
- Wednesday 21 Aug 2019 - (611) Rotating tape heads were necessary at the time but nobody's sorry to see them go
- Tuesday 20 Aug 2019 - (369) Make sure you don't miss the Rocky Mountain AVX Expo 2019!
- Tuesday 20 Aug 2019 - (647) Increasing diversity in the VFX industry - there's a long way to go
- Tuesday 20 Aug 2019 - (2682) Atomos Shogun 7 - Is this the best on-camera monitor-recorder you can buy?
- Monday 19 Aug 2019 - (1496) Video over IP is the last standard you'll ever need [sponsored]
3D 4K 8K Adobe Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR Intel lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video