VR & AR
10 Oct 2018
Is Facebook’s new Oculus Quest VR headset a more powerful Oculus Go, a less powerful Rift, or something else entirely?Read more...
27 Sep 2018
As far as high end specs go, everyone else might struggle to beat the concept of 16 8K Helium sensors arrayed together in a single rig…Read more...
16 Sep 2018
VR really comes into its own when it’s used to preserve moments in time in stunning, immersive detail.Read more...
29 Aug 2018
While Lytro may be no more, lightfields are still a big, and very useful field of research. And this latest system from Google aims to transform the way VR is captured.Read more...
15 Aug 2018
How developers are effectively making VR possible in small spaces. A bit like a virtual version of Doctor Who's TARDIS.Read more...
14 Aug 2018
SIGGRAPH is upon us once more. Phil Rhodes takes a look back on its history and where things are heading in 2018.Read more...
17 Jun 2018
The cinema dream of the hologram promised in Star Wars, Iron Man, and Minority Report is being chased hard by numerous developers – among them Lightfield Labs and Leia Inc.Read more...
12 Jun 2018
Why the sheer pace of the development of VR technology could be killing the chance for narrative 360 video to establish itself, and allow full creative exploration of the format.Read more...
05 Jun 2018
Occasionally we get CEOs of companies to reflect on the use of AI in their own products as well as in the wider world. This time Digital Anarchy CEO Jim Tierney looks at whether AI really will replace us, and what it has to do with the fate of VR.Read more...
- Thursday 4 Oct 2018 - (19135) Blackmagic Pocket Cinema 4K: The comprehensive review you have been waiting for!
- Thursday 11 Oct 2018 - (10078) BMPCC4K: This might be the holy grail of portable cinema cameras
- Saturday 13 Oct 2018 - (10053) Peter Jackson's restoration and colourisation of 100 year old World War One footage makes it painfully real
- Monday 8 Oct 2018 - (9031) Our comprehensive BMPCC4K review continues: Setup, audio and HFR
- Sunday 14 Oct 2018 - (6271) Zhiyun-Tech's highly compact WEEBILL LAB gimbal shows gimbal innovation isn't dead
- Friday 19 Oct 2018 - (483) Five ways that analogue photography can make you a much better DP
- Friday 19 Oct 2018 - (986) How to get hold of the perfect music score, legally
- Thursday 18 Oct 2018 - (554) Amazing video showing the secrets of capturing a falcon in flight
- Thursday 18 Oct 2018 - (1402) Lightworks 14.5 adds 70 new features
- Thursday 18 Oct 2018 - (2621) Traditional techniques make First Man an immersive and authentic cinematic experience
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HDR Intel LED lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video