VR & AR
06 May 2019
When it comes to seemingly infinitely increasing resolutions it is all too easy to forget that there are very real, and much needed, reasons why they are required. And it goes well beyond conventional video and filmmaking.Read more...
25 Feb 2019
Microsoft has unveiled HoloLens 2, an upgraded version of the mixed-reality headgear and the nearest thing yet to being able to interact Minority Report style with the dimensional internet. But this is not aimed at gamers, visual entertainment, office workers or casual punters. This is a hardcore piece of computing for industry which takes AR very seriously indeed.Read more...
22 Feb 2019
Data glasses are about to get 8K, OLED and a mass production push.Read more...
29 Jan 2019
Who'd have thought you could stage a live virtual studio using only a PC and a GPU? The Future Group's Pixotope is a staggering illustration of commodity computer power - and of course, some very clever software.Read more...
13 Dec 2018
At the end of September, Facebook unveiled a volumetric 360-degree camera built in a collaboration with RED Digital Cinema. Known as the Manifold, the new system may be first and foremost a VR camera, but volumetric cameras also hold great promise to traditional video industry.Read more...
26 Nov 2018
The sale by Virtual Reality production pioneer Jaunt of its VR equipment division should not be seen as another nail in the VR coffin. On the contrary, VR – like stereoscopic 3D – will return bigger and better than before with augmented reality a means to that end. It is AR to which Jaunt is turning its attention.Read more...
31 Oct 2018
Answer? Google Earth Pro. Until January 2015, this high resolution, professional version of the popular mapping software Google Earth, cost broadcasters and institutional users an annual subscription of $399/year. Now it’s free for everybody to download to their PC or Mac Desktop, but with the recent introduction of 4K output resolution, GE Pro could become your new best friend!Read more...
29 Oct 2018
To promote one of its latest series, Nickelodeon has employed some clever technology using a combination of VR and mixed reality to allow journalists to conduct realtime interviews with the characters from a cartoon show, right inside their world.Read more...
10 Oct 2018
Is Facebook’s new Oculus Quest VR headset a more powerful Oculus Go, a less powerful Rift, or something else entirely?Read more...
- Saturday 15 Jun 2019 - (20592) What's it like using a top-end camera (the Sony F65) on a low-budget indie film?
- Friday 14 Jun 2019 - (18111) Here's what happens when DJI and GoPro go head to head
- Saturday 22 Jun 2019 - (10903) How to Make a DCP (Digital Cinema Package)
- Monday 17 Jun 2019 - (6690) Can the DJI Osmo Action cam beat the GoPro Hero 7?
- Saturday 15 Jun 2019 - (6439) This is why we don't do camera "shoot-outs"
- Wednesday 26 Jun 2019 - (327) How to make an impressively deepfake Tom Cruise
- Tuesday 25 Jun 2019 - (641) Raspberry Pi now available in new 4K flavour
- Tuesday 25 Jun 2019 - (974) Accusonus announces ERA 4, possibly the most simple to use, yet advanced, audio plugins we've seen
- Tuesday 25 Jun 2019 - (585) Live from Berlin - Live Production and Streaming for video makers
- Tuesday 25 Jun 2019 - (4946) The URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2 is an entirely new genre of camera
3D 4K 8K Adobe Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR Intel lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video