06 Apr 2020
If you’re motivated and you have the time, then your lockdown is primetime to hone some skills. That effort is being aided by Nikon USA which is offering ten online classes for free this month.Read more...
01 Feb 2020
Our previous article showed the basics of creating a primary colour correction and why primary colour correction is essential for an outstanding final grade. Our next step is to apply secondary colour correction. Secondary colour correction is essentially the selection and changing of a single colour within the picture without altering anything else or disturbing the general look we want…Read more...
07 Dec 2019
We continue our tutorial on the new Cut Page in DaVinci Resolve by looking at the smart source overwrite tool as an alternative high speed way of editing multi-angle sources for a game highlights video.Read more...
06 Dec 2019
Blake Jones has been working as a colorist and film restoration specialist for over 27 years. Here, in the first part of a tutorial series, Blake lifts the mysteries behind colour grading, and precisely how to do it. In this part he looks at primary colour correction, which will form the basis of all your subsequent picture adjustments.Read more...
20 Nov 2019
One of the most compelling new features of DaVinci Resolve 16 is the Cut Page. In this video tutorial we go into depth about how to use it, using a real edit as an example.Read more...
10 Oct 2019
Fancy making a glossy-looking science fiction film? Or are you just curious about how they're made? Either way, it's a fascinating storyRead more...
15 Aug 2019
Review: The dual-processor HP Z8 supports up to 56 cores, Quadro RTX graphics, 3TB of RAM and loads of storage. But is this the right kind of power for your work? Let’s take a look.Read more...
25 Oct 2018
The first step in lighting a daytime interior scene is almost always to blast a light through the window. Sometimes soft light is the right choice for this, but unless you’re on a big production, you simply may not have the huge units and generators necessary to bounce light and still have a reasonable amount of it coming through the…Read more...
03 May 2018
Synching audio in post can be difficult if not done correctly. The NanoLockit is a micro solution to the issues, and in this weeks video Bas Goossens shows us how to us it.Read more...
13 Feb 2018
Natural light with its infinite variations can be one of the hardest things to work with consistently in cinematography. So why not improve your chances of a beautiful shot with these fantastic, and practical tips from Neil Oseman.Read more...
- Saturday 4 Apr 2020 - (17654) How to completely break the rules with colour
- Sunday 29 Mar 2020 - (6870) Things are not good for freelancers now, but there is reason for hope
- Wednesday 1 Apr 2020 - (5277) Tilta's transformative BMPCC 4K/6K display mod is now available
- Friday 3 Apr 2020 - (5179) ATEM Mini Pro: Blackmagic Design brings live multi-cam broadcast abilities to... pretty much everyone
- Monday 30 Mar 2020 - (4306) Intel is building a brain the size of a planet
- Thursday 9 Apr 2020 - (458) XMG unveils monster new Ryzen based laptop
- Wednesday 8 Apr 2020 - (658) Covid-19: This is a watershed moment for the virtual box office
- Wednesday 8 Apr 2020 - (1308) Apple releases ProRes RAW beta for Windows
- Tuesday 7 Apr 2020 - (928) Cooke Optics expands its lens range with new anamorphic and full frame models.
- Tuesday 7 Apr 2020 - (1232) Sony announces $100 million Global Relief Fund to help the creative community
4K 8K AMD Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro GPU Grading HD HDR Intel iPhone LED lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video