Technology & Computing
04 Jul 2019
Dr Andrew Cross spoke to us recently about how video networks work, why NDI has been successful, and about the merger of NewTek and Vizrt. Although we say so ourselves, this is a fascinating interview!Read more...
03 Jul 2019
After Lisa Hsu's announcement at Computex, there's been a lot of anticipation about what AMD's Zen 2 processors will bring to the table. Here are some of the highlights for the new line set for release on July 7th.Read more...
03 Jul 2019
Review: If you need some serious screen real estate and 10-bit colour accuracy, the Samsung CHG90 monitor might be just what you're looking for.Read more...
He's produced the most influential and iconic device designs of the century so far, and now he has left the company that fostered his work. Here's a look back at some of his most admired work, and we ask the question, what next for Apple without Ive?Read more...
01 Jul 2019
The Video Electronics Standards Association (VESA) has given DisplayPort its first update for three years, and is setting its sights on a significantly higher resolution future all the way up to 16K.Read more...
30 Jun 2019
It's long been a dream to have one home video format to rule them all. Unfortunately everybody has the same idea, and so format wars are inevitable. Phil Rhodes takes a further look at the litany of casualties we left behind.Read more...
29 Jun 2019
Replay: Analogue systems are not intrinsically better than digital ones, but they are tied up in the complex history of what sounds and images mean to us and explain why they, and the 'film look', remain so important.Read more...
26 Jun 2019
JPEG is 26 years old, and yet no picture format has come close to replacing it in terms of widespread use. Are we doomed to an 8-bit format for all eternity? Let's look at the alternatives, and hope one of them catches on!Read more...
- Sunday 3 Nov 2019 - (39849) What you need to know about Aspect Ratios and Letterboxing
- Friday 8 Nov 2019 - (12700) Has the Holy Grail of long term storage finally been discovered?
- Monday 28 Oct 2019 - (9299) Jim Jannard's RED made the digital cinema industry what it is today. Here's how.
- Friday 1 Nov 2019 - (6397) Canon EOS C500 II in action. "Probably the cleanest camera I've used"
- Tuesday 29 Oct 2019 - (5287) The Panasonic Lumix S1H is a "do-it-all" powerhouse
- Tuesday 12 Nov 2019 - (168) Dell's pint sized workstation is more powerful than you might think
- Monday 11 Nov 2019 - (1192) AMD announces Ryzen 9 3950X
- Monday 11 Nov 2019 - (580) The AJA FS-HDR is an outstanding HDR toolbox
- Monday 11 Nov 2019 - (1594) GoPro Telemetry Extractor lets you do cool stuff
- Sunday 10 Nov 2019 - (1946) From Film Lab to Backpack: how colour grading gear is now ultra-portable
4K 8K AMD Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro GPU Grading HD HDR Intel iPhone LED lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video