Technology & Computing
24 Jan 2018
A new Mac Pro has been the dream of Mac creatives for a long time now. We know it is coming, but what form will it take? K.Stewart blows the dust off his crystal ball and gives us his insights.Read more...
23 Jan 2018
Apple enters the quality audio and home automation market with the new HomePod. Is this another milestone on the highway to the intelligent home, and AI everywhere?Read more...
23 Jan 2018
The RED HYDROGEN phone has a glasses-free 3D screen that works from all angles. It has an equally revolutionary audio system. And it's a modular platform for expansion into - who knows? Almost certainly a cinema-quality camera. And you'll be able to buy it unlocked before the summerRead more...
It's either a great leap forward that will be an invaluable resource to future generations or the start of a dystopian surveillance nightmare: either way the launch of Earth-i’s prototype satellite promises 4K footage from space.Read more...
16 Jan 2018
If you look at the world of PC graphics from the perspective of the consumer, we are forced to conclude that last year was a bit of a let-down. Let’s be clear, the current crop of graphics cards are the best we have ever seen, and in particular the GeForce GTX 1080 is a peach of a GPU. However, that…Read more...
12 Jan 2018
AI was a big theme of CES this year, with Samsung’s use of it to power the upscaling of lower res content to drive its new 8K screens particularly impressive.Read more...
Eastman Kodak is a name often associated with old technology, but its CES announcement that the 130 year-old company is developing its own cryptocurrency, the KodakCoin, is extremely 2018 in both good and bad ways.Read more...
08 Jan 2018
TV screens are always one of the main battlefronts at CES and with rollable screens, 8K OLED displays, and now Samsung’s massive The Wall, it already looks like 2018 is going to be a vintage year for new technology.Read more...
- Sunday 15 Jul 2018 - (192268) There will probably be no 8K. In fact, there will probably be no pixels at all in the future
- Saturday 7 Jul 2018 - (28546) Telling a story in four seconds using 600fps SlowMo
- Thursday 12 Jul 2018 - (9604) New Blackmagic Design eGPU gives big boost to the MacBook Pro
- Tuesday 10 Jul 2018 - (7262) The Mac is still an extremely credible creative machine
- Wednesday 11 Jul 2018 - (6515) New sensor chart shows all major cinema camera sensor sizes at a glance
- Friday 20 Jul 2018 - (454) We'll all be watching 12K very soon!*
- Friday 20 Jul 2018 - (771) The 4:3 ratio isn't dead yet
- Friday 20 Jul 2018 - (1209) This is why the Sony FS5 is one of the best cameras for run & gun filming [sponsored]
- Thursday 19 Jul 2018 - (1732) Games engines are making photorealistic AR for live broadcast easy
- Thursday 19 Jul 2018 - (1339) Are we too sensitive about noise?
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HDR Intel LED lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video