Technology & Computing
21 Mar 2018
AI has the potential to completely revolutionise our image creation abilities. But we should be mindful of where it could lead.Read more...
18 Mar 2018
RedShark Replay: If you don't understand how we see colour, you don't understand colour. This may be the most important lesson about colour you ever read (first published October 2014).Read more...
14 Mar 2018
Here's another chance to read this great article by Phil Rhodes on why cameras need global shutters. Cheaper, cinematic cameras come with a cost - they tend to have Rolling Shutters, which means that rapid movement can be skewed. The ability to buy cameras with global shutters at all price points can't come soon enough, according to Phil RhodesRead more...
12 Mar 2018
We all know that 5G for all is on the very near horizon, but as recently shown manufacturers believe that the technology will be much more than 4G on steroids, and could in fact completely change the way we do our computing forever.Read more...
12 Mar 2018
Review: If serious grunt and reliabilty in the storage stakes is what you need, we take a good look at G-Technology's Thunderbolt 3 Shuttle XL RAID enclosure system.Read more...
07 Mar 2018
4G on the moon? If Elon Musk's rocket makes a successful mission in 2019, we'll soon all be able to get a live stream direct from our closest celestial body.Read more...
05 Mar 2018
The amazing speeds promised from 5G could completely revolutionise not only how we interact, but how we do our computing in general. And it's only around a year until it becomes a reality.Read more...
04 Mar 2018
This article was first published two years ago so some of the information is old. But it's a question that keeps getting asked, and it's a great article - so we thought we'd publish it again. How do you choose between consumer and pro graphics cards? Low cost and high performance are compelling with the lower-end products, but compatability and…Read more...
- Sunday 15 Jul 2018 - (192267) There will probably be no 8K. In fact, there will probably be no pixels at all in the future
- Saturday 7 Jul 2018 - (28545) Telling a story in four seconds using 600fps SlowMo
- Thursday 12 Jul 2018 - (9604) New Blackmagic Design eGPU gives big boost to the MacBook Pro
- Tuesday 10 Jul 2018 - (7261) The Mac is still an extremely credible creative machine
- Wednesday 11 Jul 2018 - (6509) New sensor chart shows all major cinema camera sensor sizes at a glance
- Friday 20 Jul 2018 - (443) We'll all be watching 12K very soon!*
- Friday 20 Jul 2018 - (758) The 4:3 ratio isn't dead yet
- Friday 20 Jul 2018 - (1190) This is why the Sony FS5 is one of the best cameras for run & gun filming [sponsored]
- Thursday 19 Jul 2018 - (1718) Games engines are making photorealistic AR for live broadcast easy
- Thursday 19 Jul 2018 - (1332) Are we too sensitive about noise?
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HDR Intel LED lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video