Technology & Computing
30 Nov 2017
RedShark Review: Are you a bit lazy with your backup strategy? If you are, the Drobo 5N2 might be your ultimate "set it and forget it" backup solution. Arthur Ditner fills us in on his digital life.Read more...
30 Nov 2017
Users of CFast 2.0 cards will have more choice and faster speeds thanks to Sony.Read more...
29 Nov 2017
If you need more convincing that higher resolutions are coming, look no further than HDMI 2.1, supporting resolutions up to 10K. If you have high blood pressure look away now!Read more...
26 Nov 2017
RedShark Replay: ISO ratings made perfect sense in the days of photochemical film but only serve to muddy the waters when it comes to assessing camera performance in the digital age.Read more...
24 Nov 2017
For the first time in a very long while there is a realistic possibility of a competitor to Intel's x86 architecture in the high-performance, rack-mounted part of modern computing.Read more...
24 Nov 2017
RedShark Replay: It’s a great pity that in order to enjoy the benefits of digital imaging, we must use pixels that may only be one of a comparatively small selection of colours, as opposed to the effectively infinite subtlety of nature. Phil Rhodes spreads light and understanding about quantization and noise.Read more...
22 Nov 2017
Inevitably whenever a new piece of tech is introduced into consumer electronics, it can start us on a journey to opening up new possibilities for other applications. The facial capture on the iPhone X is no exception as this video shows.Read more...
- Sunday 18 Mar 2018 - (33912) This may be the most important lesson about colour you'll ever see
- Sunday 11 Mar 2018 - (31035) How To Edit. Part 1: Preparation
- Wednesday 14 Mar 2018 - (28084) Opinion: Will all cameras eventually have to have Global Shutters?
- Wednesday 14 Mar 2018 - (5217) Four techniques that are certain to revolutionise cameras
- Wednesday 7 Mar 2018 - (4858) Roger Deakins finally just won an Oscar. Here's his story
- Tuesday 20 Mar 2018 - (735) This amazing music video shows industrial robots as you've never seen them before
- Tuesday 20 Mar 2018 - (889) Resolution: We discuss Pixel Power with RED's Graeme Nattress
- Tuesday 20 Mar 2018 - (1114) Your lens choice is as important as an artists choice of brush
- Monday 19 Mar 2018 - (863) Nominate your favourite products for the NAB RedShark Awards
- Monday 19 Mar 2018 - (2631) Sigma Cine Lenses could be the perfect match of price point and performance [Review]
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HDR IBC iPhone LED lenses Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UAVs UHD VFX video