Technology & Computing
18 Mar 2018
RedShark Replay: If you don't understand how we see colour, you don't understand colour. This may be the most important lesson about colour you ever read (first published October 2014).Read more...
12 Mar 2018
We all know that 5G for all is on the very near horizon, but as recently shown manufacturers believe that the technology will be much more than 4G on steroids, and could in fact completely change the way we do our computing forever.Read more...
12 Mar 2018
Review: If serious grunt and reliabilty in the storage stakes is what you need, we take a good look at G-Technology's Thunderbolt 3 Shuttle XL RAID enclosure system.Read more...
07 Mar 2018
4G on the moon? If Elon Musk's rocket makes a successful mission in 2019, we'll soon all be able to get a live stream direct from our closest celestial body.Read more...
05 Mar 2018
The amazing speeds promised from 5G could completely revolutionise not only how we interact, but how we do our computing in general. And it's only around a year until it becomes a reality.Read more...
04 Mar 2018
This article was first published two years ago so some of the information is old. But it's a question that keeps getting asked, and it's a great article - so we thought we'd publish it again. How do you choose between consumer and pro graphics cards? Low cost and high performance are compelling with the lower-end products, but compatability and…Read more...
03 Mar 2018
Laptops are no longer the poor relation of desktop machines as Rakesh Malik finds out when he tested HP's latest Kaby Lake-R equipped x360.Read more...
28 Feb 2018
When you’re the subject of a backlash by governments over fears that you are spying on them, the last thing you would do is hide a camera in a laptop. But perhaps that’s just Huawei’s sense of humour.Read more...
27 Feb 2018
Hot on the heels of the Galaxy S9 announcement, Sony are heating up the stakes with the XZ2, a smartphone not only capable of 960fps slow motion at a full 1080p, but caters for internal recording of HDR movies, too. Things have just become very interesting indeed.Read more...
- Sunday 17 Nov 2019 - (15660) This isn't a photograph - it's an amazing render
- Friday 8 Nov 2019 - (13592) Has the Holy Grail of long term storage finally been discovered?
- Tuesday 19 Nov 2019 - (5256) Netflix now requires its films to be made in HDR
- Wednesday 13 Nov 2019 - (5229) 16" Macbook Pro is a big step forward
- Monday 11 Nov 2019 - (4865) AMD announces Ryzen 9 3950X
- Friday 22 Nov 2019 - (272) What we traditionally think 'cinematic' could be completely wrong
- Friday 22 Nov 2019 - (665) Technology is absolutely not slowing down
- Friday 22 Nov 2019 - (760) Foveon sensors have many advantages, so why are they not more popular?
- Thursday 21 Nov 2019 - (1948) Asus HDR monitors: a genuine game-changer?
- Thursday 21 Nov 2019 - (1144) Intel joins the 7nm world with Xe GPUs
4K 8K AMD Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro GPU Grading HD HDR Intel iPhone LED lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video