Technology & Computing
02 Oct 2019
File transfer and movement might not be the most headline grabbing topics, but it is very important. We spoke to file movement experts Signiant about its new Jet system, which allows businesses of all sizes to move files around in the background seamlessly between locations in a highly secure way.Read more...
30 Sep 2019
With 8K suddenly all the rage and as specifications for 8K tellies have just been agreed, there are already concrete steps to double and even quadruple the number of pixels for display.Read more...
26 Sep 2019
Mobile or desktop, Asus is building some of the most powerful workstations on the market. It is hard to find a 4x GPU workstation or a 15” mobile workstation with a Quadro RTX 5000. Asus had both at IBC 2019.Read more...
26 Sep 2019
USB standards, it has to be said, are rather convoluted and confusing. We spoke to Western Digital/G-Technology at IBC 2019 to clear a few things up.Read more...
25 Sep 2019
Google claims to have built the first quantum system capable of a calculation that cannot be done by any normal computer. This means that it’s passed some sort of threshold called ‘quantum supremacy’ and while we don’t need to worry about transcending to the digitalverse just yet, it’s a milestone that’s worth reporting.Read more...
24 Sep 2019
Dell showed off some immensely powerful hardware at this year's IBC Show.Read more...
18 Sep 2019
Nostalgia for the early days of the digital age moves on to Sony’s once ubiquitous music player, the venerable Walkman. Hang on, is that a cassette we see?Read more...
18 Sep 2019
Metadata was to be one of the big time savers of video and film production. But how effectively it works depends on how good the data that went into it was in the first place. Enter machine learning and AI, which could eventually provide the ultimate in fast and fluid searches for video.Read more...
17 Sep 2019
The Armari team in AMD’s booth is busy setting world records and then breaking them. Sounds like a fun weekend at IBC.Read more...
16 Sep 2019
What hardware do you need for editing, color-grading, and special effects? HP thinks that it has the answer, and you can see it all at IBC2019.Read more...
- Sunday 3 Nov 2019 - (39934) What you need to know about Aspect Ratios and Letterboxing
- Friday 8 Nov 2019 - (13029) Has the Holy Grail of long term storage finally been discovered?
- Friday 1 Nov 2019 - (6542) Canon EOS C500 II in action. "Probably the cleanest camera I've used"
- Monday 11 Nov 2019 - (4050) AMD announces Ryzen 9 3950X
- Friday 1 Nov 2019 - (3808) How to choose the right GPU for your workstation
- Wednesday 13 Nov 2019 - (24) 16" Macbook Pro is a big step forward
- Wednesday 13 Nov 2019 - (394) Intel introduces 10th Gen Comet Lake U and Y series
- Wednesday 13 Nov 2019 - (596) Grading on the move with the ASUS ProArt PQ22UC
- Wednesday 13 Nov 2019 - (577) Sumo 19 users rejoice: Multi-cam switching is here
- Tuesday 12 Nov 2019 - (900) PolarPro's new ultra-light matte box systems are designed with the active filmmaker in mind
4K 8K AMD Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro GPU Grading HD HDR Intel iPhone LED lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video