Technology & Computing
30 Apr 2018
Philips has just beaten the competition to the first 1000-nit rated DisplayHDR monitorRead more...
21 Apr 2018
This was a hugely popular article when it first appeared. Here's another chance to read about what might happen after Moore's law!Read more...
14 Apr 2018
RedShark Replay: Cooke lenses are coveted by top-end movie makers and any serious filmmaker that can afford them. Here's how they're made.Read more...
11 Apr 2018
G-Technology unveils its latest line of ultra fast and rugged SSD line, including what we think is the fastest mobile SSD yet made!Read more...
30 Mar 2018
Each time a new top of the range smartphone is released, it seems as though mobile video and photography takes another step forward. The Huawei P20 Pro looks to be no exception to this. Phil Rhodes looks further.Read more...
27 Mar 2018
Whilst SSD prices may not be coming down, the capacity of the drives is most certainly moving ever upwards. Nimbus Data has announced a goliath new 100TB drive.Read more...
27 Mar 2018
All future predictions thought that by now cheap solid state storage would be normal, and that traditional mechanical HDDs would be a thing of the past. How wrong they were. Phil Rhodes looks at why this is, and how traditional hard drives have seen a lot more development recently that you might have expected.Read more...
26 Mar 2018
These sublimely realistic realtime animations using Unreal Engine show us that completely convincing CGI game and film characters are only a hairs breadth away from becoming an everyday reality.Read more...
22 Mar 2018
CPUs and GPUs are great for certain processes. But what happens if you need more grunt than any current CPU offers but you can't make efficient use of a GPU either? Xilinx is developing a solution.Read more...
21 Mar 2018
AI has the potential to completely revolutionise our image creation abilities. But we should be mindful of where it could lead.Read more...
- Saturday 16 Jun 2018 - (54185) Understanding ISO: In digital cameras, it's not what you think it is
- Tuesday 5 Jun 2018 - (9715) New Sony Compact RX 100 MK VI is so good it may be used to shoot on Avatar sequels
- Wednesday 13 Jun 2018 - (5482) Here is a greatly simplified explanation of Raw and Log video
- Friday 8 Jun 2018 - (5150) CGI face manipulation has reached a frightening level of realism
- Thursday 14 Jun 2018 - (4861) The surprising return of the professional cassette deck
- Tuesday 19 Jun 2018 - (295) Atomos makes the advantages of ProRes RAW clear
- Tuesday 19 Jun 2018 - (2306) You can now do full professional editing on an iPhone or iPad. Here's our review
- Monday 18 Jun 2018 - (1058) We find some hidden gems at London's Media Production Show
- Monday 18 Jun 2018 - (3351) Kinefinity MAVO: everything you need to know
- Monday 18 Jun 2018 - (1643) The Sony DCR-VX1000 changed broadcast documentary production forever
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HDR Intel LED lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video