Technology & Computing
12 Apr 2016
Today, there's a certain ambiguity about the modern digital photographic tools we're using. This is why, more than ever, we must learn to think critically about them. By Mark Andrew Job.Read more...
11 Apr 2016
A new startup, Archived, wishes to take the worry and uncertainty out of digital archiving with its triple redundant "cold storage" solution that's backed up by a long term trust.Read more...
07 Apr 2016
Intel's purchase of Altera sets the stage for CPUs that come equipped with their own field programmable gate arrays. And that could change a lot of things.Read more...
05 Apr 2016
Sony has conducted an interesting poll that might reveal why so many people lose so much of their content for good.Read more...
04 Apr 2016
Alongside 4K videos composites of time-lapse Earth shots and Ultra HD footage of experiments with bubbles in Zero-G, the ISS crew has also been playing around with long-exposure photography, to stunning effect.Read more...
30 Mar 2016
Organisations are at growing threat of serious security breaches that can impact both their bottom line and their reputation. Services such as NTT Com’s WideAngle though can help.Read more...
27 Mar 2016
Replay: The technological revolution has created great opportunities for new film-makers everywhere, but has in its wake created a new challenge: where are we going to put all this stuff? Peter J Haas investigates An Affordable Middle Ground To Preserving Your Film’s Digital Assets.Read more...
26 Mar 2016
Once everything is connected to everything else all the time, the game changes in many fields.Read more...
- Sunday 19 Nov 2017 - (22474) Is it time to change the rules of editing?
- Sunday 12 Nov 2017 - (15948) If you’re wondering about 8K workflows, this might help
- Friday 10 Nov 2017 - (7148) Strange but true: Intel is putting AMD graphics cores into its processors
- Tuesday 21 Nov 2017 - (7104) iPhone X: The definitive review
- Tuesday 14 Nov 2017 - (7099) Can the iPhone X compete with a professional camera?
- Thursday 23 Nov 2017 - (280) Audio sample rates for video: what should you be using?
- Thursday 23 Nov 2017 - (671) Blackmagic Microconverters now more affordable than ever!
- Wednesday 22 Nov 2017 - (920) This realtime 3D face capture with the iPhone X offers intriguing possibilities
- Wednesday 22 Nov 2017 - (570) How artificial intelligence works — part 2
- Wednesday 22 Nov 2017 - (1358) Vimeo pushes HDR and 8K in latest update
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HDR IBC iPhone LED lenses Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UAVs UHD VFX video