Technology & Computing
03 Oct 2016
We've grown used to CPUs having smaller and smaller features - and hence being more powerful with each generation - but this trend might be about to end as it starts to butt up against some fundamental laws of physics.Read more...
30 Sep 2016
It’s beginning to look like the future of video is not going to be linked to rectangular screens. While the technology that puts moving images onto screens (from mobile to massive) will continue to evolve, other, more diverse ways of viewing video are starting to emerge.Read more...
29 Sep 2016
Earlier this year, Apple discontinued support for Quicktime on Windows. This could rapidly become a problem for editors everywhere as, with its passing, they lose the ability to decode ProRes on the platform and the big vendors are all 'still working' on a solution.Read more...
24 Sep 2016
RedShark Replay: On July 20 1969, Neil Armstrong descended the steps of the Lunar Lander and became the first man ever to walk on the surface of the moon. What few people realise though is that the grainy, ghostlike images we all associate with that event were not the best quality ones recorded and that the tapes of that original…Read more...
*Now* we’re living in the future. Holographic TV has been a mainstay of science fiction for years to such as extent that even the BBC can’t resist namechecking the Princess Leia hologram from Star Wars: A New Hope when it talks about it. Science fiction though has a way of becoming science reality.Read more...
17 Sep 2016
NASA’s mission to Mars could be the dominant world news story of the 2020’s with the Agency saying that video is essential to its technical and scientific success as well as mankind’s ability to experience an entirely new world.Read more...
15 Sep 2016
The Apple Upgrade Program is now rolling out in the UK and China after debuting in the US last year and is the main reason why I’m glaring balefully at the iPhone 6S Plus on my desk.Read more...
08 Sep 2016
And it’s not just all about the lack of an audio jack in the chassis either, as there are some powerful new features on the camera side of things with the new iPhone. By K Stewart.Read more...
- Sunday 18 Mar 2018 - (33949) This may be the most important lesson about colour you'll ever see
- Sunday 11 Mar 2018 - (31041) How To Edit. Part 1: Preparation
- Wednesday 14 Mar 2018 - (28087) Opinion: Will all cameras eventually have to have Global Shutters?
- Wednesday 14 Mar 2018 - (5227) Four techniques that are certain to revolutionise cameras
- Wednesday 7 Mar 2018 - (4860) Roger Deakins finally just won an Oscar. Here's his story
- Tuesday 20 Mar 2018 - (836) This amazing music video shows industrial robots as you've never seen them before
- Tuesday 20 Mar 2018 - (972) Resolution: We discuss Pixel Power with RED's Graeme Nattress
- Tuesday 20 Mar 2018 - (1164) Your lens choice is as important as an artists choice of brush
- Monday 19 Mar 2018 - (879) Nominate your favourite products for the NAB RedShark Awards
- Monday 19 Mar 2018 - (2720) Sigma Cine Lenses could be the perfect match of price point and performance [Review]
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HDR IBC iPhone LED lenses Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UAVs UHD VFX video