Technology & Computing
15 Dec 2016
Slave to the algorithm: The next wave of technology that looks set to break over our collective heads with the promise of changing all before it is Artificial Intelligence. Here is a snapshot of the story so far.Read more...
14 Dec 2016
Opinion: Recent moves suggest that Apple could be paving the way for iOS to spread to the desktop (assuming the desktop survives at all).Read more...
12 Dec 2016
The first big event of the year, CES, arrives hot on the heels of the New Year break. David Shapton looks at some of the technologies that may be making an appearance first on the showfloor and then in your living room not long after.Read more...
07 Dec 2016
Steerable lasers might be the answer to the "perfect" video projector. As long as they don't burn holes in the screen!Read more...
30 Nov 2016
Well, it’s still two years away, but engineers have now finished assembling the optical components of the giant telescope that will build on the work of Hubble and be launched on a European Ariane rocket from French Guiana in two years time. Its mirror alone is fascinating.Read more...
25 Nov 2016
Just because we are butting up against the physical limits of Moore’s Law, that doesn’t mean that we’re going to see a decline in the ever-increasing speed of computing.Read more...
24 Nov 2016
If you want to be throwing enough information per pixel around a screen to fill an HDR colour space you need the processing power of a GPU, and AMD's gaming heritage helps its GPUs do just that.Read more...
23 Nov 2016
Repurposing the use of CPU power found in everyday appliances to run Doom is nothing new - we've already had Doom on a Canon Pixma printer, for instance. But a new demo shows just how versatile the Touch Bar in the recently released MacBook Pro is.Read more...
22 Nov 2016
While flash media is an increasingly ubiquitous storage solution for consumer devices, thanks to its ability to stay ahead in terms of the space-to-money ratio much of video production still relies on metal spinning disks.Read more...
- Sunday 18 Mar 2018 - (34650) This may be the most important lesson about colour you'll ever see
- Sunday 11 Mar 2018 - (31183) How To Edit. Part 1: Preparation
- Wednesday 14 Mar 2018 - (28194) Opinion: Will all cameras eventually have to have Global Shutters?
- Wednesday 21 Mar 2018 - (22915) Why put a camera on your shoulder?
- Wednesday 21 Mar 2018 - (7533) AI can make photos fake in a way that Photoshop never could. And it may take all of us by surprise.
- Friday 23 Mar 2018 - (336) Why multicam is possibly the best way to shoot drama
- Friday 23 Mar 2018 - (794) Freedom of movement will create the ultimate VR experiences
- Friday 23 Mar 2018 - (1421) This could be the best way to get top software without destroying your bank account!
- Thursday 22 Mar 2018 - (1200) How to create wonderful natural looking light for a corporate shoot [Video]
- Thursday 22 Mar 2018 - (2876) A total revolution in processor design is just around the corner
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HDR IBC iPhone LED lenses Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UAVs UHD VFX video