Technology & Computing
21 Mar 2018
AI has the potential to completely revolutionise our image creation abilities. But we should be mindful of where it could lead.Read more...
18 Mar 2018
RedShark Replay: If you don't understand how we see colour, you don't understand colour. This may be the most important lesson about colour you ever read (first published October 2014).Read more...
14 Mar 2018
Here's another chance to read this great article by Phil Rhodes on why cameras need global shutters. Cheaper, cinematic cameras come with a cost - they tend to have Rolling Shutters, which means that rapid movement can be skewed. The ability to buy cameras with global shutters at all price points can't come soon enough, according to Phil RhodesRead more...
12 Mar 2018
We all know that 5G for all is on the very near horizon, but as recently shown manufacturers believe that the technology will be much more than 4G on steroids, and could in fact completely change the way we do our computing forever.Read more...
12 Mar 2018
Review: If serious grunt and reliabilty in the storage stakes is what you need, we take a good look at G-Technology's Thunderbolt 3 Shuttle XL RAID enclosure system.Read more...
07 Mar 2018
4G on the moon? If Elon Musk's rocket makes a successful mission in 2019, we'll soon all be able to get a live stream direct from our closest celestial body.Read more...
05 Mar 2018
The amazing speeds promised from 5G could completely revolutionise not only how we interact, but how we do our computing in general. And it's only around a year until it becomes a reality.Read more...
04 Mar 2018
This article was first published two years ago so some of the information is old. But it's a question that keeps getting asked, and it's a great article - so we thought we'd publish it again. How do you choose between consumer and pro graphics cards? Low cost and high performance are compelling with the lower-end products, but compatability and…Read more...
- Sunday 10 Feb 2019 - (90465) Five top tips for colorists
- Sunday 17 Feb 2019 - (56991) The art of editing: Five tips to improve your editing performance
- Monday 11 Feb 2019 - (8296) The Lumix S1 through the eyes of a GH4 and GH5 user
- Friday 15 Feb 2019 - (4171) Exclusive first review: Atomos's new Shinobi HDR monitor is for 4K cameras and weighs less than 200g
- Tuesday 12 Feb 2019 - (3681) Preview: Blender has undergone a major update, and it will revolutionise the way you use it
- Tuesday 19 Feb 2019 - (9) This is revolutionary: OLED-like performance from a new type of projector screen
- Tuesday 19 Feb 2019 - (359) FXhome releases a transformational update to Hitfilm Pro
- Monday 18 Feb 2019 - (1699) Panasonic Lumix FZ1000 II: a great lens makes this a serious 4K camera
- Monday 18 Feb 2019 - (738) Samsung QLED: A sign of the 8K times
- Monday 18 Feb 2019 - (1011) Leica's ASC special edition M10-P is a nostalgic take on digital cameras
3D 4K 8K Adobe Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR Intel lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video