Technology & Computing
16 Jul 2016
RedShark Replay: NLEs (Non Linear Editors - computer editing systems) have transformed the creative process since they were first introduced a quarter of a century ago. But how do they actually work?Read more...
15 Jul 2016
A recent trip to the IMAX theatre at Empire Leicester Square in London gave Phil Rhodes a chance to investigate the quality of current top-end laser projection for theatrical exhibition.Read more...
08 Jul 2016
Although it's a "standard" that devices don't support yet, the new UFS cards from Samsung write much faster than microSD and offer a glimpse into the future of storage that stretches beyond the mobile phone.Read more...
20 Jun 2016
While still very much in the 'experimental' category, the one thousand core barrier has been broken by engineers at UC Davis and IBM.Read more...
16 Jun 2016
Corsair has announce its new high-performance Neutron Series XTi SSDs in capacities that range all the way up to 1920GB.Read more...
15 Jun 2016
Microsoft unveiled not one, but two future consoles, Playstation confirmed an October 13 launch date for Playstation VR and teased its Neo 4K Playstation, and Nintendo, once more, goes its own sweet way.Read more...
13 Jun 2016
Boiling down press releases to deliver the essence to the readers of RedShark News is a daily occurrence, but we nearly came a cropper when OWC (Other World Computing) sent us information about its new SSDs.Read more...
- Saturday 9 Sep 2017 - (47461) The truth about colour. This is stuff every film-maker should know about.
- Wednesday 6 Sep 2017 - (11794) Venice is the new 6K full frame CineAlta camera from Sony
- Tuesday 12 Sep 2017 - (8404) Canon announces two new fixed lens 4K camcorders with high frame rate capabilities
- Wednesday 13 Sep 2017 - (7565) HP boasts new workstation is ‘the most powerful on the planet’
- Friday 15 Sep 2017 - (6868) Sony's new 120fps 8K broadcast camera offers a step change for live broadcasting
- Wednesday 20 Sep 2017 - (509) Ladies and gentlemen, we are photo-real objects floating in space
- Wednesday 20 Sep 2017 - (531) Cinemartin's Eclipse monitor: slim, light, and bright
- Tuesday 19 Sep 2017 - (1304) Your new, $149 film scanner from Nikon
- Tuesday 19 Sep 2017 - (1864) How to shoot HDR with FS7, FS5 and Fujinon Cine Zoom
- Tuesday 19 Sep 2017 - (3600) The winners of the RedShark News awards at IBC 2017 announced
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR IBC iPhone LED lenses Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic production ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video