Technology & Computing
Internet forums, YouTube and magazines are full of articles extolling the virtues of large sensor video cameras, whether it's the Red Epic or the Canon C300. But should we be obsessed with the Big Chips, or do they have a downside as well. Kieron Seth investigates.Read more...
09 Nov 2012
We're not sure what's going on here, or why. We don't think this is the answer to starvation and conflict in the world, and it's not going to going cause a massive rift in the spacetime continuum.Read more...
08 Nov 2012
Reason is a virtual recording studio from the Swedish company Propellerhead. First released in 2000, It is probably the most complete example of a software studio environment in existence, and it sets an example that other software companies should probably follow. But what on earth does it have do to with video? In my view, this is quite simply the…Read more...
The new iPad - now in its second generation only months after the first Retina device - has the highest resolution screen ever seen on a mobile device, with significantly more pixels than even a full HD (1080p) monitor. There's room for a full HD picture and other data or UI elements all round it.Read more...
05 Nov 2012
Sony's announcement of its New F cameras is undoubtedly going to further ramp up the speed of the 4k bandwagon, but the live production that will really drive it into the world's living rooms is still a way off according to Andy Stout.Read more...
- Sunday 24 Nov 2019 - (49557) Why can't there just be one, really good, codec?
- Sunday 1 Dec 2019 - (17436) How George Lucas pioneered the use of Digital Video in feature films with the Sony HDW F900
- Tuesday 26 Nov 2019 - (12606) HERO8 Black: GoPro might just have changed the game yet again
- Saturday 30 Nov 2019 - (5682) The HERO8 Black is a little marvel of a camera.
- Saturday 23 Nov 2019 - (5412) NLEs are about to explode
- Friday 6 Dec 2019 - (272) Colour is still incredibly important... even if you are shooting in black & white
- Thursday 5 Dec 2019 - (439) RedShark Connect: Filmmaking on the Move - Holiday Edition!
- Thursday 5 Dec 2019 - (3231) Find out which CPU is best for DaVinci Resolve
- Thursday 5 Dec 2019 - (407) Critically assessing lights is highly complex
- Wednesday 4 Dec 2019 - (1662) The Panasonic AJ-CX4000 shows that the ENG camera is far from dead
4K 8K AMD Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro GPU Grading HD HDR Intel iPhone LED lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video