Technology & Computing
23 Nov 2016
Repurposing the use of CPU power found in everyday appliances to run Doom is nothing new - we've already had Doom on a Canon Pixma printer, for instance. But a new demo shows just how versatile the Touch Bar in the recently released MacBook Pro is.Read more...
22 Nov 2016
While flash media is an increasingly ubiquitous storage solution for consumer devices, thanks to its ability to stay ahead in terms of the space-to-money ratio much of video production still relies on metal spinning disks.Read more...
17 Nov 2016
In the first of a new multi-part series on HDR theory and practice, Phil Rhodes explains dynamic range in brief and the challenges in displaying HDR for production and distribution.Read more...
Apple’s latest is a book, but not just any old book: “Designed by Apple in California” chronicles 20 years of Apple design, the material and the techniques used, from the seminal 1998 iMac up to last year’s Apple Pencil.Read more...
12 Nov 2016
Karma come down: All you have to do is search for GoPro Karma Crash on YouTube and you will find a growing number of videos from people whose craft has turned turtle at several hundred feet and dropped to the ground.Read more...
06 Nov 2016
Remember those rather lovely LG 4K & 5K UltraFine Displays that Apple launched a couple of weeks back? Well, they've already come down in price by 25%.Read more...
03 Nov 2016
One of the consequences of the massive R&D spend on the computer in your pocket is that new technology is appearing there first — and that includes some tools and techniques that we’d like to see on our film and video cameras.Read more...
31 Oct 2016
The fallout from Apple’s new MacBook Pro launch continued over the weekend, with ructions about pricing, dismay (at least in some quarters) about the dropping of its iconic powering-up chime, and the realisation that it has the ability to power a lot of screens.Read more...
28 Oct 2016
Hello Again Creative Professionals…Microsoft might have stolen some of the innovation thunder with its impressive new Surface Studio, but, from Touch Bars to Final Cut Pro 10.3, K. Stewart finds plenty to be happy about in Apple’s latest large-scale update.Read more...
- Sunday 19 Nov 2017 - (22474) Is it time to change the rules of editing?
- Sunday 12 Nov 2017 - (15948) If you’re wondering about 8K workflows, this might help
- Friday 10 Nov 2017 - (7148) Strange but true: Intel is putting AMD graphics cores into its processors
- Tuesday 21 Nov 2017 - (7104) iPhone X: The definitive review
- Tuesday 14 Nov 2017 - (7099) Can the iPhone X compete with a professional camera?
- Thursday 23 Nov 2017 - (279) Audio sample rates for video: what should you be using?
- Thursday 23 Nov 2017 - (669) Blackmagic Microconverters now more affordable than ever!
- Wednesday 22 Nov 2017 - (918) This realtime 3D face capture with the iPhone X offers intriguing possibilities
- Wednesday 22 Nov 2017 - (570) How artificial intelligence works — part 2
- Wednesday 22 Nov 2017 - (1357) Vimeo pushes HDR and 8K in latest update
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HDR IBC iPhone LED lenses Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UAVs UHD VFX video