Technology & Computing
28 Mar 2019
With a flip-hinge on steroids, the Precision 5530 2-in-1 lives up to its convertible promise. And this 2-in-1 workstation packs some unique technology. We take a tour of the system and dig into the performance.Read more...
27 Mar 2019
Having first gazumped Samsung with the best foldable prototype on display at MWC 2019 last month, Huawei has now raised the bar impressively when it comes to the smartphone camera with the new P30 Pro.Read more...
26 Mar 2019
It's fair to say that Apple's Showtime event was a bit of an oddity. No new hardware was on show, but the long awaited Apple TV service was, along with an updated news service, and, bizarrely, a new Apple credit card. Wonders never cease!Read more...
26 Mar 2019
Here's a crucial event for anyone involved in live production for streaming. RedShark's latest Connect event is on 27th March in Central London. Almost all (free) tickets are gone. This is your LAST CHANCE to register.Read more...
21 Mar 2019
The new WD Blue SN500 is a big step forward for truly affordable SSD storage.Read more...
21 Mar 2019
Sending video over a network instead of a conventional video cable has all sorts of advantages. Here's a quick look at how even small production companies - or even individuals - can use the new technologyRead more...
20 Mar 2019
Wouldn't it be nice if every process could be made this explicitly easy to understand? Debayering explained with Lego, anyone?Read more...
19 Mar 2019
A big refresh for iMacs is good news for creators who need a top-end all-in-one from the Cuppertino computer companyRead more...
14 Mar 2019
A few people have mentioned to me that they think that RedShark’s enthusiasm for technology might ultimately threaten their jobs. Here’s why we think our editorial policy is right.Read more...
13 Mar 2019
If your studio works with remote creative talent, you already know that there are opportunities and challenges associated with distributed production and post production. Bridging the distance not only allows you to find the best talent for the job anywhere in the world, it creates the potential for a diverse and globally-minded workforce that boosts the creativity and vision of…Read more...
- Sunday 12 Jan 2020 - (42778) How to understand "Log" or Cine-style recordings
- Sunday 19 Jan 2020 - (12136) Review: The DaVinci Resolve Editor Keyboard really enhances speed and cut flow
- Monday 13 Jan 2020 - (7756) This is revolutionary: The world's first liquid lens lightfield camera
- Friday 10 Jan 2020 - (6933) Seagate IronWolf NAS: Is it big and fast enough?
- Monday 20 Jan 2020 - (4868) If you love electronic music, you'll love this
- Wednesday 22 Jan 2020 - (270) Why can't we just have one lens mount?
- Tuesday 21 Jan 2020 - (649) iRig Pro Duo I/O: A Dual audio interface that fits into your pocket
- Tuesday 21 Jan 2020 - (2898) The HP DreamColor Z31x Studio: The perfect budget precision colour grading monitor?
- Tuesday 21 Jan 2020 - (1999) Here's a great example of how you can make a living from low budget filmmaking
- Monday 20 Jan 2020 - (4755) What's it like to own the original ARRI Alexa?
4K 8K AMD Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro GPU Grading HD HDR Intel iPhone LED lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video