Technology & Computing
08 Feb 2013
Thunderbolt is one of the most powerful technologies to arrive in the last few years. Matrox tames that massive raw data throughput with a multi-faceted docking station to simplify the lives of MacBook ownersRead more...
Compression is, as every schoolchild knows, bad. Even so, there are more reasons than the obvious why it can be a questionable idea to involve a lot of mathematics in the storage of imagesRead more...
28 Jan 2013
CES inevitably grabs a lot of the headlines at the start of the year, but one of the other shows always worth keeping an eye on is ISE in Amsterdam at the end of January, which turns its attention to digital signage, smart buildings, and being able to fill your bath via your smartphoneRead more...
25 Jan 2013
Will we ever have completely digital actors intermingling with real ones? Will we soon have feature films where dead actors are brought back to life through the miracle of CGI and motion capture? Will computer generated images of humans ever be so good that we can't distinguish them from the real thing in any way?Read more...
20 Jan 2013
Debuting early in 2011, the dual protocol Thunderbolt standard promised dramatically improved transfer performance between peripheral devices and even the ability to daisy chain up to six devices form one port. So why, two years later, is it still considered a marginal technology? Andy Stout reportsRead more...
19 Jan 2013
RedShark contributor Freya looks at new ways to get your footage off your camera and back to baseRead more...
- Sunday 17 Nov 2019 - (15359) This isn't a photograph - it's an amazing render
- Friday 8 Nov 2019 - (13456) Has the Holy Grail of long term storage finally been discovered?
- Wednesday 13 Nov 2019 - (4917) 16" Macbook Pro is a big step forward
- Monday 11 Nov 2019 - (4770) AMD announces Ryzen 9 3950X
- Tuesday 12 Nov 2019 - (4283) Dell's pint sized workstation is more powerful than you might think
- Wednesday 20 Nov 2019 - (499) AMD announces Radeon Pro W5700 with 7nm fabrication
- Tuesday 19 Nov 2019 - (1271) Here's our first impressions of the GoPro Hero 8
- Tuesday 19 Nov 2019 - (3352) Netflix now requires its films to be made in HDR
- Tuesday 19 Nov 2019 - (1413) Motorola looks to have aced the foldable phone
- Monday 18 Nov 2019 - (1266) Self-shooting for documentaries is a vastly under-appreciated skillset
4K 8K AMD Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro GPU Grading HD HDR Intel iPhone LED lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video