Technology & Computing
02 Apr 2013
Most large-sensor cameras use a Bayer colour filter pattern to allow full colour images to be output - after "debayering". This entire process is now pretty routine but unfortunately what is also routine is the amount of light lost through the colour filter process. Less light means more noise, and noise is what ultimately limits the low-light capabilities all camerasRead more...
27 Mar 2013
Highpoint technology have been making RAID cards for Macs and PC's under the RocketRAID name for years. They have just released a new range of PCIe cards with 4 USB3 ports and drivers for Mac, Windows and LinuxRead more...
27 Mar 2013
If I told you that User Interfaces play a large part in modern film-making, you might think I'm exaggerating. But I don't think I amRead more...
26 Mar 2013
News has just come in of a significant and bold move in the External Recorder market. Until now, everyone's been wondering what the next step might be in this lucrative product space. Convergent designs, who came early to market with this type of product with the Nano Flash, have just announced a product that appears to advance the state of…Read more...
25 Mar 2013
From World War II to the 1980s, the model men and the optical effects units held sway in the world of movie VFX. Computers were on the way, but first the world's effects teams had to deal with the little problem of colour. By Andy Stout.Read more...
25 Mar 2013
JVC has always made good projectors. And they've always used really good technology that's been kind-of hard to understand, because it takes a lot of explaining. But if all you want is good pictures, the tech doesn't really matter, because if it looks good, it is goodRead more...
24 Mar 2013
How's this for geekiness! On the night of 25th to 26th of March the UK's BBC HD channel will hand over to BBC Two HD, and in the programme break it will be your last chance to see iconic BBC test cards going back to 1934. Sometimes in the early days, testcards were all you had for entertainment on the…Read more...
- Sunday 3 Nov 2019 - (39933) What you need to know about Aspect Ratios and Letterboxing
- Friday 8 Nov 2019 - (13025) Has the Holy Grail of long term storage finally been discovered?
- Friday 1 Nov 2019 - (6541) Canon EOS C500 II in action. "Probably the cleanest camera I've used"
- Monday 11 Nov 2019 - (4030) AMD announces Ryzen 9 3950X
- Friday 1 Nov 2019 - (3808) How to choose the right GPU for your workstation
- Wednesday 13 Nov 2019 - (364) Intel introduces 10th Gen Comet Lake U and Y series
- Wednesday 13 Nov 2019 - (576) Grading on the move with the ASUS ProArt PQ22UC
- Wednesday 13 Nov 2019 - (572) Sumo 19 users rejoice: Multi-cam switching is here
- Tuesday 12 Nov 2019 - (897) PolarPro's new ultra-light matte box systems are designed with the active filmmaker in mind
- Tuesday 12 Nov 2019 - (876) Smooth shooting: Essential tips for making your next shoot go as efficiently as possible
4K 8K AMD Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro GPU Grading HD HDR Intel iPhone LED lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video