Technology & Computing
22 Apr 2013
RedShark Editor Dave Shapton presents the still controversial view that 4K is already a done deal, and that it's not just a marketing ploy but has real advantages for content creators and viewersRead more...
Even though some people groaned when Sony announced their XAVC codec back in October 2012, it's beginning to look like it is more than just another variation on the h.264 theme. What it may turn out to be is a rich environment for 4K production that is widely supported by NLEs and post production vendorsRead more...
20 Apr 2013
High Capacity ioFX Delivers Peak Performance for Professional Computer Graphics Applications including 4K Visual Effects Production, Stereoscopic 3D, Digital Intermediate, Computer Assisted Design and Video EditingRead more...
20 Apr 2013
OK so file this under ubergeeky but I thought some of you might want to see this...Read more...
19 Apr 2013
In the third instalment in our series looking at the development of VFX in films, Andy Stout looks at the rise of the computers and takes us from the basic (TRON) to the frankly sometimes terrifying (Jurassic Park)Read more...
18 Apr 2013
For the first time at NAB 2013, end users were able to try Lightworks for OS X. This eagerly-awaited version completes the trio of platforms that this famous NLE software uniquely runs onRead more...
17 Apr 2013
When your showreel looks as good as this, you really don't have anything to prove. You don't have to convince anyone that your kit is good enough for the movies, because your showreel is the moviesRead more...
16 Apr 2013
You might have thought that civilisation has reached its peak with the discovery of the Higgs Boson at the Cern laboratory that straddles the Swiss and French borders. This so-called "God particle" is the miniscule sub-atomic entity that gives matter mass. That's pretty importantRead more...
15 Apr 2013
Last year at NAB, Panasonic revealed its concept for a 4K varicam camcorder. And what a concept it was, with a large sensor and a revolutionary Android-based user interface. It looked like a genuinely new and refreshing idea for the incoming era of 4K or Ultra High DefinitionRead more...
- Sunday 3 Nov 2019 - (39897) What you need to know about Aspect Ratios and Letterboxing
- Friday 8 Nov 2019 - (12906) Has the Holy Grail of long term storage finally been discovered?
- Friday 1 Nov 2019 - (6490) Canon EOS C500 II in action. "Probably the cleanest camera I've used"
- Tuesday 29 Oct 2019 - (5332) The Panasonic Lumix S1H is a "do-it-all" powerhouse
- Friday 1 Nov 2019 - (3778) How to choose the right GPU for your workstation
- Wednesday 13 Nov 2019 - (109) Sumo 19 users rejoice: Multi-cam switching is here
- Tuesday 12 Nov 2019 - (569) PolarPro's new ultra-light matte box systems are designed with the active shooter in mind
- Tuesday 12 Nov 2019 - (686) Smooth shooting: Essential tips for making your next shoot go as efficiently as possible
- Tuesday 12 Nov 2019 - (1364) Dell's pint sized workstation is more powerful than you might think
- Monday 11 Nov 2019 - (3430) AMD announces Ryzen 9 3950X
4K 8K AMD Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro GPU Grading HD HDR Intel iPhone LED lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video