Technology & Computing
20 May 2013
Here’s a great new video by a fellow called James Miller which is creating a bit of a stir around the internet as “the most beautiful video” from the Canon raw video hack so farRead more...
20 May 2013
Most of us, if we're honest, struggle slightly when it comes to configuring even HD equipment and settings. There are enough combinations of frame rates, codecs and resolutions that just about everyone has to stop and think when they're setting up their gearRead more...
19 May 2013
I decided to create a round up of lots of videos I’ve found from all over the internet, that were shot with the new Magic Lantern Raw video feature. The idea being that you can find a lot of video and information in one place without having to search everywhere! Hopefully this can give you a bit of a real idea of…Read more...
16 May 2013
Western Digital, one of the biggest hard drive manufacturers, have just released their latest portable drive, the My Passport Ultra, which has some interesting featuresRead more...
"...it's perhaps surprising that the Super-8 film format is still – in what we might have expected to be the twilight of its years – quite popular. The popularity of retro-styled web imaging services like Instagram is another instance of what I suspect may be the same trend, and goes some way toward confirming the suspicion that distressed images are…Read more...
16 May 2013
This demo shows how advertising in the future will make use of the time, weather, location and probably your pulse-rate to target and engage (or possibly enrage?) youRead more...
15 May 2013
Here's a really good side-by-side comparison between Canon's EOS 5D mk III (with the Magic Lantern mod) RAW output and the Blackmagic Cinema CameraRead more...
13 May 2013
Think about this for a minute: what if Canon were to suddenly announce that their video-capable DSLRs could now output RAW video? That would be sensational, wouldn't it? At the very least it would be a candidate for the "biggest story of the year". Well, that's what happened yesterday. AlmostRead more...
12 May 2013
I didn’t think it would be possible. The Magic Lantern people didn’t think it would be possible, but all the same it has happened. The developers at Magic Lantern are reporting that they are managing to record full 1080p raw video at 24fps on the Canon 5D MarkIII.Read more...
- Sunday 3 Nov 2019 - (40013) What you need to know about Aspect Ratios and Letterboxing
- Friday 8 Nov 2019 - (13183) Has the Holy Grail of long term storage finally been discovered?
- Friday 1 Nov 2019 - (6626) Canon EOS C500 II in action. "Probably the cleanest camera I've used"
- Monday 11 Nov 2019 - (4497) AMD announces Ryzen 9 3950X
- Tuesday 12 Nov 2019 - (3979) Dell's pint sized workstation is more powerful than you might think
- Friday 15 Nov 2019 - (124) These are documentary filmmakers who risk their lives to tell a story
- Friday 15 Nov 2019 - (469) The Teradek Bolt 4K is "the next best thing to plug-and-play"
- Friday 15 Nov 2019 - (436) Zeiss adds controlled flares to Prime range
- Thursday 14 Nov 2019 - (563) Intense pressure and danger: The Rory Peck Awards recognises the best documentary and current affairs filmmakers
- Thursday 14 Nov 2019 - (997) Firstlight app wraps pro photo features in an ultra clean interface
4K 8K AMD Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro GPU Grading HD HDR Intel iPhone LED lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video