Technology & Computing
18 Sep 2013
While PlayStation 4 is the headline act for November launch here and in America, Sony's home territory will be first with a very different gaming/multi-media device. Priced 9,954 yen with tax (about $100 USD or £64), PS Vita TV will arrive on November 14 and at a raw technology level simply crushes Apple's hardware. K. Stewart reports for RedSharkRead more...
17 Sep 2013
At the Intel Developers Forum in San Francisco Intel CEO Brian Krzanich unveiled the latest processor based on their 14nm "Broadwell" architecture, the successor to the current 22nm "Haswell" architecture, proving that Moore's Law still holds trueRead more...
12 Sep 2013
Is the move towards large-sensor cameras completely one-way? Simon Wyndham doesn't think soRead more...
11 Sep 2013
Sony's 4K TVs have been a stunning commercial success, but until now, buyers have been concerned that they might be saddled with an obsolete HDMI connection that can't handle 4K properlyRead more...
11 Sep 2013
Apple's new iPhone 5S is 56 times more powerful than its "ancestor", the first iPhone, launched just six years ago. The new 64-bit A7 chip may be powerful enough to run a laptop, but it's not the only high-tech aspect of the new phone. Photography and video get a boost, while the new fingerprint recognition pushes security into a new…Read more...
10 Sep 2013
New iPhone 5S - just announced - is 56 times faster than the original iPhoneRead more...
Almost every company whose products have a network connection claims to have a Cloud solution. So far, very few have embraced the Cloud in a meaningful or useful way. But Sony, we think, is becoming a thought-leader in this spaceRead more...
09 Sep 2013
One of the biggest drivers for change in our time is the avaialbility of APIs ("hooks" that programmers can use to tie into software or hardware that is controlled by software). Sony's just released an API for some of their cameras. This could be big news for the futureRead more...
- Sunday 16 Feb 2020 - (63941) Is 4K pointless, or perfect? Or is it both?
- Friday 7 Feb 2020 - (24607) How to build a fast and affordable RAID array on a budget
- Sunday 9 Feb 2020 - (11324) No, 8k isn't going to fail just like 3D. Here's why
- Wednesday 5 Feb 2020 - (7937) The Panasonic S series cameras are go anywhere, do anything powerhouses [sponsored]
- Friday 14 Feb 2020 - (6783) This is why Magix Vegas is now a NLE to look out for
- Thursday 20 Feb 2020 - (124) You want pixels? Samsung will put 108 megapixels in your phone
- Wednesday 19 Feb 2020 - (533) ROKINON announces new ultra light wide angle XEEN CF cine primes
- Wednesday 19 Feb 2020 - (1532) Is Intel back in the game?
- Wednesday 19 Feb 2020 - (808) Truly edit on the move. LumaFusion NLE now exports XML to FCP X
- Tuesday 18 Feb 2020 - (715) PolarPro's LiteChaser Pro announced. It's never been a better time to be a mobile creative
4K 8K AMD Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro GPU Grading HD HDR Intel iPhone LED lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video