Technology & Computing
19 Oct 2012
In an exclusive interview with RedShark, WiGig Alliance President Dr Ali Sadri revealed for the first time that the new ultra-fast wireless networking system will include H.264, 4:4:4 intra-frame encoding and decoding at very high bitrates.Read more...
Microsoft has just started taking orders for their Surface tablets. While tablets may seem largely irrelevant to NLE users, there's something very significant about Surface that is easy to miss: the more expensive ones are actually PCs.Read more...
16 Oct 2012
Taken with something of a sense of irony, a camera phone can't do justice to the magnificence of an 8K, 33 megapixel video screen.Read more...
16 Oct 2012
Tungstène is an application used to detect digital image manipulation. It's a heavy-weight mathematical engine with a GUI front-end. It doesn't only rely on metadata or other tamper-sensitive information in the image, but mainly analyses the image itself. Erik Vlietinck reports.Read more...
It’s here in black and white from the UK-based Digital Production Partnership, which is “an initiative set up by the UK's public service broadcasters to help producers and broadcasters maximise the potential benefits of digital production.”Read more...
15 Oct 2012
"We are living in an extended period of rapid change". There’s nothing particularly stand-out about that unremarkable sentence, until you start to think about what it really means. And then it starts to look quite strange.Read more...
LED lights are a big hit. With low power consumption, long life bulbs, a relatively high light output and little heat radiating onto the set, they have become highly sought after. Kieron Seth looks at the plusses and pitfalls of LED lighting.Read more...
11 Oct 2012
We only have a Google-Translated Japanese press-release to base this on, which might actually be instructions for barbecueing venison sausages for all we know, but if we're right, this could be a really big development for the media community.Read more...
- Saturday 9 Sep 2017 - (47463) The truth about colour. This is stuff every film-maker should know about.
- Wednesday 6 Sep 2017 - (11794) Venice is the new 6K full frame CineAlta camera from Sony
- Tuesday 12 Sep 2017 - (8405) Canon announces two new fixed lens 4K camcorders with high frame rate capabilities
- Wednesday 13 Sep 2017 - (7566) HP boasts new workstation is ‘the most powerful on the planet’
- Friday 15 Sep 2017 - (6869) Sony's new 120fps 8K broadcast camera offers a step change for live broadcasting
- Wednesday 20 Sep 2017 - (529) Ladies and gentlemen, we are photo-real objects floating in space
- Wednesday 20 Sep 2017 - (540) Cinemartin's Eclipse monitor: slim, light, and bright
- Tuesday 19 Sep 2017 - (1318) Your new, $149 film scanner from Nikon
- Tuesday 19 Sep 2017 - (1867) How to shoot HDR with FS7, FS5 and Fujinon Cine Zoom
- Tuesday 19 Sep 2017 - (3607) The winners of the RedShark News awards at IBC 2017 announced
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR IBC iPhone LED lenses Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic production ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video