Technology & Computing
A new “hack” called “MegaLapse” has emerged for GoPro cameras to allow the cameras to shoot longer timelapse sequences than the cameras are capable of shooting in their vanilla state. It works with the GoPro HERO 3 Black, GoPro HERO 3+ Black and GoPro HERO 3+ Silver camerasRead more...
18 Dec 2013
There's a certain vintage type of sci fi movie which will, whenever it needs to indicate serious computing power, show us a room full of enormous tape decks, gently shuffling big reels of one-inch tape back and forth at the behest of a room-sized mainframe. Seems old fashioned, but tape is still now a modern, fast and extremely reliable medium.…Read more...
18 Dec 2013
We've just heard that Apple is launching its new Mac Pro tomorrow. This is quite possibly the most important computer to burst onto the scene for the video community for at least a decade. Starting price: $2,999Read more...
17 Dec 2013
It's fascinating and exciting to see real progress being made on the Apertus Axiom cameraRead more...
17 Dec 2013
Wouldn't it have been fantastic if the Apollo astronauts had been able to take 4K cameras with them. If they went on a moon mission today, they undoubtedly would have. (Probably 3D as well!).Read more...
16 Dec 2013
This holiday we're re-running some of our most popular articles, in case you didn't see them the first time. Today: Someone asked us the other day whether it was safe to make a commercial production with Magic Lantern software running on a Canon EOS 5D mk III. There are several answers to this, and it's by no means certain that…Read more...
At the recent Digital TV World Summit, Mark Harrison, Controller of Production for BBC North confirmed what pretty much the rest of the industry already knew: that in the UK at least Sky will be first out of the traps with a 4K serviceRead more...
- Sunday 22 Mar 2020 - (16199) 61 years ago the biggest industry advance ever was revealed at NAB
- Sunday 29 Mar 2020 - (6408) Things are not good for freelancers now, but there is reason for hope
- Wednesday 1 Apr 2020 - (4386) Tilta's transformative BMPCC 4K/6K display mod is now available
- Monday 30 Mar 2020 - (3798) Intel is building a brain the size of a planet
- Friday 27 Mar 2020 - (3667) New compression tech turns existing codecs on their head
- Friday 3 Apr 2020 - (1843) ATEM Mini Pro: Blackmagic Design brings live multi-cam broadcast abilities to... pretty much everyone
- Friday 3 Apr 2020 - (865) How to set up your own low cost TV studio!
- Thursday 2 Apr 2020 - (1914) Sennheiser Memory Mic: A smartphone mic that works at range
- Thursday 2 Apr 2020 - (1522) Here are some essential tips for setting up your grading room
- Wednesday 1 Apr 2020 - (1206) Red Giant Complete free for students and teachers, plus monthly option introduced for professionals
4K 8K AMD Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro GPU Grading HD HDR Intel iPhone LED lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video