Technology & Computing
19 Mar 2014
ARRI's intriguing new ENG camera made another tantalizing appearance recently in London. RedShark's Phil Rhodes was thereRead more...
One of the highlights of the NAB Labs Futures Park at the upcoming NAB show will undoubtedly be the demo of over-the-air transmission of 8K content being mounted by NHK, all of which helps bring 8K that little bit nearer than before.Read more...
17 Mar 2014
This is the best demonstration yet of something we've been predicting for ages: the ability to see your production set from an angle where there's no real camera. This is a sports-based demonstration but, mark our words, you'll be seeing this on a cinema set within the next few yearsRead more...
15 Mar 2014
At the recent Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Imagination Technologies, creators of the PowerVR GPU used in the iPhone and other mobile devices, demonstrated a mobile graphics design with 192 processing coresRead more...
14 Mar 2014
We don't think anyone was expecting this. This is such a NON Sony thing. Sony has just announced on their Community website that the Sony F5 and F55 will be able to have a hardware upgrade to two of the most popular post production formats: ProRes and DNxHDRead more...
14 Mar 2014
Some of our younger readers will look at this in utter bemusement, but for those of us of a certain age (anyone graduating from university in the 80s would qualify...) this is a valuable historical documentRead more...
12 Mar 2014
I've just spent a day in Dell's headquarters in Austin, Texas. There's some stuff going on there that, in time, could shake up the Post Production and animation industriesRead more...
11 Mar 2014
Sony and Panasonic have announced that they are working together to develop the next generation of Optical Discs for Archive purposesRead more...
11 Mar 2014
Is it a camera or an Objet D'Art? Is it both? This is in equal parts a story about design, business and technology. It's about a sucessful ambition to create something new, different and good. RedShark's Peter Haas owns a Digital Bolex D16 and has some very illuminating observations about it.Read more...
- Sunday 22 Mar 2020 - (16198) 61 years ago the biggest industry advance ever was revealed at NAB
- Sunday 29 Mar 2020 - (6405) Things are not good for freelancers now, but there is reason for hope
- Wednesday 1 Apr 2020 - (4376) Tilta's transformative BMPCC 4K/6K display mod is now available
- Monday 30 Mar 2020 - (3796) Intel is building a brain the size of a planet
- Friday 27 Mar 2020 - (3666) New compression tech turns existing codecs on their head
- Friday 3 Apr 2020 - (1822) ATEM Mini Pro: Blackmagic Design brings live multi-cam broadcast abilities to... pretty much everyone
- Friday 3 Apr 2020 - (859) How to set up your own low cost TV studio!
- Thursday 2 Apr 2020 - (1898) Sennheiser Memory Mic: A smartphone mic that works at range
- Thursday 2 Apr 2020 - (1518) Here are some essential tips for setting up your grading room
- Wednesday 1 Apr 2020 - (1202) Red Giant Complete free for students and teachers, plus monthly option introduced for professionals
4K 8K AMD Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro GPU Grading HD HDR Intel iPhone LED lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video