Technology & Computing
31 Jan 2017
With double the RAM, a 4K capable GPU, and a processor nearly twice as fast as the Raspberry Pi 3 Model B, the Asus Tinker Board has home brew media appliance geeks battling it out in the comments sections of tech blogs. The potential is certainly impressive.Read more...
24 Jan 2017
At anywhere between $1800 and $2700 the new Razer Blade laptop isn’t cheap, but this is one of those happy times when you very much get what you pay for: it is deeply impressive.Read more...
21 Jan 2017
You think you have it tough now. A behind-the-scenes video for 80's cult classic, The Last Starfighter, provides an interesting mix of perspective regarding current challenges and nostalgia for the early days of computer graphics in films.Read more...
18 Jan 2017
Opinion: Modern operating systems haven't changed much since the middle of the 1990s. Perhaps OS developers need radical new thinking to save us from the next iteration of the past.Read more...
16 Jan 2017
AMD's new Zen-based CPU architecture will last until 2020 and beyond and is rolling out in three distinct forms - desktop, mobile and server - throughout this year. Leo Waldock, for one, is looking forward to it.Read more...
Long-standing rumours that Apple is planning to enter the content business itself and go toe-to-toe with the likes of Netflix and Amazon got a big boost following a Wall St Journal article at the end of last week.Read more...
13 Jan 2017
The Great Battery Mystery: Have you ever wondered why many devices from many manufacturers give inconsistent battery readings? We have the answer.Read more...
10 Jan 2017
Do we look at CES as a vision of the future, or do we look at it with a mixture of laughter and astonishment at how technology companies can find very complicated ways of doing simple things?Read more...
- Saturday 9 Sep 2017 - (47461) The truth about colour. This is stuff every film-maker should know about.
- Wednesday 6 Sep 2017 - (11794) Venice is the new 6K full frame CineAlta camera from Sony
- Tuesday 12 Sep 2017 - (8404) Canon announces two new fixed lens 4K camcorders with high frame rate capabilities
- Wednesday 13 Sep 2017 - (7565) HP boasts new workstation is ‘the most powerful on the planet’
- Friday 15 Sep 2017 - (6868) Sony's new 120fps 8K broadcast camera offers a step change for live broadcasting
- Wednesday 20 Sep 2017 - (509) Ladies and gentlemen, we are photo-real objects floating in space
- Wednesday 20 Sep 2017 - (532) Cinemartin's Eclipse monitor: slim, light, and bright
- Tuesday 19 Sep 2017 - (1306) Your new, $149 film scanner from Nikon
- Tuesday 19 Sep 2017 - (1865) How to shoot HDR with FS7, FS5 and Fujinon Cine Zoom
- Tuesday 19 Sep 2017 - (3600) The winners of the RedShark News awards at IBC 2017 announced
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR IBC iPhone LED lenses Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic production ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video