Technology & Computing
11 Dec 2017
Replay: The technological revolution has created great opportunities for new film-makers everywhere, but has in its wake created a new challenge: where are we going to put all this stuff? Peter J Haas investigates An Affordable Middle Ground To Preserving Your Film’s Digital Assets.Read more...
10 Dec 2017
Replay: Modern cameras have incredible dynamic range - but you can only access it if you use a "log" or "Cine-style" mode when you record. Phil Rhodes explains how this works, and wonders why there are so many non-standard ways to do it!Read more...
08 Dec 2017
Vestri is a robot that can predict the consequences of its own actions, and the repercussions over time could be huge.Read more...
08 Dec 2017
Review: Smartphones may be getting more powerful, but their batteries re under huge strains to keep going for a day. Here's a solution you may want to keep in your pocket just in case.Read more...
30 Nov 2017
RedShark Review: Are you a bit lazy with your backup strategy? If you are, the Drobo 5N2 might be your ultimate "set it and forget it" backup solution. Arthur Ditner fills us in on his digital life.Read more...
- Sunday 10 Dec 2017 - (33584) How to understand "Log" or Cine-style recordings
- Sunday 3 Dec 2017 - (31061) Here's how to make your films look good
- Monday 11 Dec 2017 - (29241) For all film makers: How to avoid losing your stuff and where to put it
- Wednesday 13 Dec 2017 - (25005) Want to earn money from your film? You'll find that making it was the easy part...
- Monday 11 Dec 2017 - (9849) More megapixels are coming. Just get used to it [opinion]
- Sunday 17 Dec 2017 - (7116) Christmas gifts for the camera crew
- Saturday 16 Dec 2017 - (952) Masters of Light: a classic revisited
- Friday 15 Dec 2017 - (1605) How to get the best from low bitrate cameras
- Friday 15 Dec 2017 - (1697) The essentials of controlling your exposure part 1: aperture
- Friday 15 Dec 2017 - (1335) NewBlueFX Titler Pro 6: an incredibly fast and easy way to create titles
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HDR IBC iPhone LED lenses Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UAVs UHD VFX video