Technology & Computing
21 Mar 2019
The new WD Blue SN500 is a big step forward for truly affordable SSD storage.Read more...
21 Mar 2019
Sending video over a network instead of a conventional video cable has all sorts of advantages. Here's a quick look at how even small production companies - or even individuals - can use the new technologyRead more...
20 Mar 2019
Wouldn't it be nice if every process could be made this explicitly easy to understand? Debayering explained with Lego, anyone?Read more...
19 Mar 2019
A big refresh for iMacs is good news for creators who need a top-end all-in-one from the Cuppertino computer companyRead more...
14 Mar 2019
Here's a crucial event for anyone involved in live production for streaming. RedShark's latest Connect event is on 27th March in Central LondonRead more...
14 Mar 2019
A few people have mentioned to me that they think that RedShark’s enthusiasm for technology might ultimately threaten their jobs. Here’s why we think our editorial policy is right.Read more...
13 Mar 2019
If your studio works with remote creative talent, you already know that there are opportunities and challenges associated with distributed production and post production. Bridging the distance not only allows you to find the best talent for the job anywhere in the world, it creates the potential for a diverse and globally-minded workforce that boosts the creativity and vision of…Read more...
Not long ago, we reported here about AMD's conservative approach to GPUs; we predicted that not until Navi would AMD be able to compete with Nvidia. In February, AMD surprised everyone by announcing the Radeon VII at $700, billing it as a GPU that could enable 4K gaming. Were we wrong? Or has AMD been running a skunkworks program behind the scenes?Read more...
07 Mar 2019
USB standards have become, shall we say, a little confusing. And now we have USB 3.2 and USB4 on its way. Leo Waldcock sheds some light on what this all means.Read more...
- Sunday 10 Mar 2019 - (35547) How To Edit. Part 1: Preparation
- Sunday 17 Mar 2019 - (17942) Data Bending: Creating Unique Digital Visual Effects
- Monday 11 Mar 2019 - (11245) The one simple secret of lighting a face
- Tuesday 19 Mar 2019 - (7706) The Nikon Z 6 - Has the king of the crossover cameras arrived?
- Wednesday 13 Mar 2019 - (6365) The Sony PXW-Z90 - The perfect documentary camera?
- Thursday 21 Mar 2019 - (1045) WD Blue SN500 brings NVMe storage to the budget market
- Thursday 21 Mar 2019 - (735) IP Video is amazing, and it's for everyone - not just big broadcasters
- Thursday 21 Mar 2019 - (514) Frame.io's 10 new features make collaboration even easier
- Wednesday 20 Mar 2019 - (784) A lovely illustration of how to explain how something works. We need more of this!
- Wednesday 20 Mar 2019 - (1188) If you want a good showreel, make a really short film
3D 4K 8K Adobe Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR Intel lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video