Technology & Computing
19 Sep 2018
Last year's phones, from all manufacturers, were viewed as being blazingly fast. The latest iPhone is a clear show of just how fast these devices are now becoming.Read more...
18 Sep 2018
Moore's Law became representative of all technology, but its roots lie in a general observation about the semiconductor industry. It has priven oddly true to a degree, but now it looks as if its prediction of transistor density increases has been stopped dead in its tracks.Read more...
17 Sep 2018
During October Intel will launch its 9th Generation of desktop processors that are known as Coffee Lake Refresh. These 9xxx CPUs are based on the technology used inside the current 8th Gen. Coffee Lake and will use the same LGA 1151 motherboard socket, however there are some significant changes that will have a massive impact on performance.Read more...
17 Sep 2018
Review: We take a look at Dell's monstrously high resolution UP3218K monitor, a display that promises to show such fine detail that it can show even some of the highest resolution DSLR photos in their entirety.Read more...
13 Sep 2018
We take G-Technology's G-Raid system with Thunderbolt 3 through its paces in this long term video review.Read more...
13 Sep 2018
Apple's new iPhone announcements might not have offered us any huge surprises due to various rumours and leaks, but the new devices still impress with the powerful new A12 chip and increased photographic capabilities.Read more...
10 Sep 2018
It doesn’t matter whether you’re an enthusiastic proponent of 8K or think it’s the white elephant in the room, the R&D push towards it is resulting in cheaper and better 4K options.Read more...
09 Sep 2018
Top end VHS gear is now extremely inexpensive, which is great if you are a retrohead wanting to copy your old media at the highest quality possible for digital storage.Read more...
08 Sep 2018
Replay: The technological revolution has created great opportunities for new film-makers everywhere, but has in its wake created a new challenge: where are we going to put all this stuff? Peter J Haas investigates An Affordable Middle Ground To Preserving Your Film’s Digital Assets.Read more...
07 Sep 2018
This may not be the first internet cat photo ever taken, but it's the first internet cat photo taken with RED Hydrogen One... And it's seriously impressive.Read more...
- Friday 7 Sep 2018 - (35476) We've tried the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K. Here's all you need to know
- Saturday 8 Sep 2018 - (33291) For all film makers: How to avoid losing your stuff and where to put it
- Friday 14 Sep 2018 - (8399) Blackmagic Design announces advanced new Blackmagic Raw Codec
- Saturday 15 Sep 2018 - (7225) What’s coming to Adobe Creative Cloud?
- Monday 17 Sep 2018 - (6527) Is DaVinci Resolve now the ultimate end-to-end production suite?
- Wednesday 19 Sep 2018 - (372) The iPhone XS series is now definitively the fastest smartphone you can buy
- Wednesday 19 Sep 2018 - (537) Sony tells us its vision for content delivery
- Tuesday 18 Sep 2018 - (2003) We pay homage to some of the greatest 'long takes' in cinema
- Tuesday 18 Sep 2018 - (1037) We could be seeing the end of Moore's Law, but not for the reasons you think
- Tuesday 18 Sep 2018 - (2773) Smartphones are now a serious photography tool [opinion]
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HDR Intel LED lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video