Technology & Computing
17 Sep 2017
RedShark at IBC 2017: AI will take over the world, and cameras are now all very good. This might seem like a statement of the obvious, but a measure of how far things have come can be seen by the latest developments. Phil Rhodes gives us his roundup of day three at IBC.Read more...
13 Sep 2017
HP’s new HP Z8 G4 workstation promises the ability to edit 8K in realtime and heads a trio of new desktop machines with some serious grunt.Read more...
13 Sep 2017
This is what the future feels like, the iPhone X is finally here. Apple may have been accused of coasting by some in recent years. However, in what turned out to be a major event, even by Apple's standards, its latest keynote showed that the company is surging forward, with many of the innovations potentially game changing.Read more...
11 Sep 2017
Sandisk raises the bar on the amount of gigabytes you can cram on to a microSD card by a considerable margin, beating its own 256GB record from last year by an astounding 144GB.Read more...
11 Sep 2017
While ostensibly marketed as a gaming computer, Acer does also mention that its new 18-core processor and 4-way graphics desktop behemoth, the Predator Orion 9000, also works as an 'extreme platform' for content creation too.Read more...
08 Sep 2017
An announcement from RED that it has made a strategic partnership with new start-up Leia Inc gives us a glimpse into the holographic display technology that will power its Hydrogen smartphone.Read more...
06 Sep 2017
Sharp launched what it reckons is the world’s first 8K TV destined for the domestic market in four cities worldwide last week with what looks to be a sub $10,000 price tag attached.Read more...
02 Sep 2017
RedShark Replay: A trip down memory lane in the company of the venerable Commodore Amiga 4000, one of the formative machines from the age of digital video.Read more...
26 Aug 2017
RedShark Replay: It just won’t go away, will it? However much you can prove with specifications that digital video is indisputably better than film, there’s a stubborn feeling that there’s more to it than the simple-to-prove facts. We think we've identified one, subtle, process that helps film to store more visible information than digital.Read more...
- Saturday 9 Sep 2017 - (47823) The truth about colour. This is stuff every film-maker should know about.
- Tuesday 12 Sep 2017 - (8684) Canon announces two new fixed lens 4K camcorders with high frame rate capabilities
- Wednesday 13 Sep 2017 - (8015) HP boasts new workstation is ‘the most powerful on the planet’
- Friday 15 Sep 2017 - (7154) Sony's new 120fps 8K broadcast camera offers a step change for live broadcasting
- Sunday 17 Sep 2017 - (5452) Panasonic updates us on the amazing AU-EVA1 camcorder plus new footage [Video]
- Saturday 23 Sep 2017 - (673) How to travel with your drone
- Friday 22 Sep 2017 - (1241) Remembering Final Cut Pro 7 - the end of an era
- Friday 22 Sep 2017 - (1036) Atomos Sumo monitors to receive new capabilities with firmware updates [Video]
- Friday 22 Sep 2017 - (1317) IBC 2017 - Have manufacturers stopped playing the numbers game?
- Friday 22 Sep 2017 - (4787) First footage from the new Sony CineAlta VENICE
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR IBC iPhone LED lenses Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic production ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video