Technology & Computing
16 Jul 2019
$1 million seems lot of money for three reels of 2-inch metal tape, but these might show the best footage of the moon landing most people have ever seen.Read more...
16 Jul 2019
FPGAs are like miracle chips. They're fast and reprogrammable, and they extend the lifespan of products that contain themRead more...
13 Jul 2019
Here's another chance to read this great article by Phil Rhodes on why cameras need global shutters. Cheaper, cinematic cameras come with a cost - they tend to have Rolling Shutters, which means that rapid movement can be skewed. The ability to buy cameras with global shutters at all price points can't come soon enough, according to Phil RhodesRead more...
06 Jul 2019
This was a hugely popular article when it first appeared. Here's another chance to read about what might happen after Moore's law!Read more...
04 Jul 2019
Dr Andrew Cross spoke to us recently about how video networks work, why NDI has been successful, and about the merger of NewTek and Vizrt. Although we say so ourselves, this is a fascinating interview!Read more...
03 Jul 2019
After Lisa Hsu's announcement at Computex, there's been a lot of anticipation about what AMD's Zen 2 processors will bring to the table. Here are some of the highlights for the new line set for release on July 7th.Read more...
03 Jul 2019
Review: If you need some serious screen real estate and 10-bit colour accuracy, the Samsung CHG90 monitor might be just what you're looking for.Read more...
- Saturday 6 Jul 2019 - (53200) What happens after Moore's Law? It's not what you think!
- Saturday 13 Jul 2019 - (31430) Opinion: Will all cameras eventually have to have Global Shutters?
- Sunday 7 Jul 2019 - (27446) Can Cinematography be too good?
- Sunday 14 Jul 2019 - (20669) The dramatic ways that technology has changed editing
- Thursday 11 Jul 2019 - (11960) A new full-frame camera from SIGMA that's both surprising and different
- Wednesday 17 Jul 2019 - (189) Small doorways mean bigger TVs
- Tuesday 16 Jul 2019 - (709) The α7R IV - In depth with Sony's new full-frame beast
- Tuesday 16 Jul 2019 - (2404) New Sony A7R 1V is a full frame 61MP mirrorless powerhouse with "Medium Format" image quality
- Tuesday 16 Jul 2019 - (731) These moon landing tapes are worth at least $1 million
- Tuesday 16 Jul 2019 - (6116) The wonder chip that's cropping up in our video devices
3D 4K 8K Adobe Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR Intel lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video