Technology & Computing
24 May 2019
This week Apple slipped out an update to its MacBook Pro range. An incredibly powerful 8-core model no less, and it's probably not as expensive as you were thinking.Read more...
21 May 2019
Apple's Worldwide Developer's conference is scheduled for June 3-7 this year. It's entirely possible that we'll see the new Mac Pro for the first time. And when we do, it will be a big deal.Read more...
15 May 2019
One of the things new technology makes easier is designing new technology. That’s good news for everyone, but it’s particularly useful in niche industries like film and TV where there’s a constant need for high-tech devices in numbers that don’t really support the large volumes of normal (or at least, historically normal) manufacturing practices.Read more...
11 May 2019
Replay: Analogue systems are not intrinsically better than digital ones, but they are tied up in the complex history of what sounds and images mean to us and explain why they, and the 'film look', remain so important.Read more...
10 May 2019
Intel's new proposed Xe architecture shows that the company is getting very serious about graphics.Read more...
09 May 2019
Samsung's latest 64MP sensor takes the phone resolution wars to entirely new scales. And it doesn't look like you will sacrifice low light ability either.Read more...
09 May 2019
We all know Mount Shasta as the Cascades range’s biggest stratovolcano. Contrary to popular belief, Shasta actually dwarfs the mighty Mount Rainier. So it’s an appropriate name for Cray’s latest computer.Read more...
08 May 2019
In a move guaranteed to send alarm bells ringing in companies (and the more paranoid governments) around the world, Chinese giant Huawei is planning an audacious move into the TV market - perhaps.Read more...
- Saturday 11 May 2019 - (18943) Why the film look still matters in the digital age
- Tuesday 21 May 2019 - (16598) Apple is inching closer to revealing its new generation Mac Pro.
- Saturday 18 May 2019 - (13499) How to work with high ISO
- Friday 10 May 2019 - (7224) The future of GPUs: Intel is getting serious [Opinion]
- Monday 13 May 2019 - (4795) Blackmagic's 8K switcher is a vision from the future
- Friday 24 May 2019 - (575) These are the five top action cameras to look out for in 2019
- Friday 24 May 2019 - (1067) Apple has finally given the world what it wants, an 8-core MacBook Pro
- Friday 24 May 2019 - (3327) Fujifilm’s impressive (and expensive) new 102 megapixel GFX100
- Thursday 23 May 2019 - (1133) How to record from a microphone to a computer for voiceovers, podcasts, etc. [Sponsored]
- Thursday 23 May 2019 - (957) Bebob's Micro batteries will last longer than your camera
3D 4K 8K Adobe Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR Intel lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video