19 Sep 2019
The Canon DP-V2420 is a highly featured HDR production monitor at a price that makes it very attractive to broadcasters that might, literally, need them by the truck load.Read more...
18 Sep 2019
Performance capture is one of the fastest growing areas of film production, and is increasingly blurring the boundaries between what has traditionally been called CGI or SFX and real world, nuanced acting. We exclusively interviewed actor, director and producer Andy Serkis at IBC to gain his insights into this most fascinating area of film production and to find out where…Read more...
17 Sep 2019
Sony has been using the phrase “beyond definition” in promotional literature for a while, and it’s a very apposite slogan. We hardly need to say that more pixels aren’t really a priority anymore, at least for conventional film and TV (VR differs.) But the adoption rate for UHD makes for interesting reading.Read more...
16 Sep 2019
David Shapton and Bas Goossens look back on Day Three at IBC2019 and discuss our interview with actor Andy Serkis (coming up soon), Adobe Sensei, the Panasonic S1H and the importance of integrating IT in your video workflow.Read more...
15 Sep 2019
A typically busy IBC at the Atomos stand, with a stunningly bright firmware upgrade for the Shogun 7 as well as all manner of new capabilities for the Panasonic Lumix S1H, Sony FX9, and Nikon Z 7 and Z 6 cameras.Read more...
13 Sep 2019
Blackmagic has hardly paused for breath since announcing the BMPCC 6K and still has space for a raft of new releases at IBC2019, including the above, an URSA Broadcast update, new Video Assist 12G models, and more.Read more...
- Sunday 3 Nov 2019 - (39848) What you need to know about Aspect Ratios and Letterboxing
- Friday 8 Nov 2019 - (12697) Has the Holy Grail of long term storage finally been discovered?
- Monday 28 Oct 2019 - (9297) Jim Jannard's RED made the digital cinema industry what it is today. Here's how.
- Friday 1 Nov 2019 - (6396) Canon EOS C500 II in action. "Probably the cleanest camera I've used"
- Tuesday 29 Oct 2019 - (5286) The Panasonic Lumix S1H is a "do-it-all" powerhouse
- Tuesday 12 Nov 2019 - (166) Dell's pint sized workstation is more powerful than you might think
- Monday 11 Nov 2019 - (1184) AMD announces Ryzen 9 3950X
- Monday 11 Nov 2019 - (578) The AJA FS-HDR is an outstanding HDR toolbox
- Monday 11 Nov 2019 - (1588) GoPro Telemetry Extractor lets you do cool stuff
- Sunday 10 Nov 2019 - (1945) From Film Lab to Backpack: how colour grading gear is now ultra-portable
4K 8K AMD Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro GPU Grading HD HDR Intel iPhone LED lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video