02 Aug 2017
US tech vlogger Marques Brownlee has been the first person to get his hands on a RED Hydrogen and while the video he's uploaded about it doesn't add too much to our knowledge about the unit, it definitely fills in some gaps. [Update: as does a very impressed Facebook post from Vincent Laforet.]Read more...
01 Aug 2017
Video backgrounds have a pretty tough job. These often overlooked components put in a lot of hard work but get little glory in return. That’s because a good background element blends in with the action rather than calls attention to itself. A thankless task but a super vital one.Read more...
31 Jul 2017
We've just heard that the Atomos Sumo 19" HDR monitor/recorder is now shipping worldwide.Read more...
RedShark Replay: Eagle-eyed observers of the BBC’s latest natural history opus, Planet Earth II, will have noticed some non-4K kit being used in the ‘making of’ segments. So, was it shot in 4K or wasn’t it?Read more...
29 Jul 2017
Sony's sudden withdrawal of the latest FS5 firmware has taken users by surprise. The explanation, it seems, is simple: it's a minor, relatively obscure issue.Read more...
28 Jul 2017
Sony has released a variety of 4K footage captured by the 7S II full-frame mirrorless camera that has become the first off-the-shelf camera mounted on the outside of the International Space Station to capture 4K.Read more...
- Saturday 9 Sep 2017 - (47464) The truth about colour. This is stuff every film-maker should know about.
- Wednesday 6 Sep 2017 - (11799) Venice is the new 6K full frame CineAlta camera from Sony
- Tuesday 12 Sep 2017 - (8409) Canon announces two new fixed lens 4K camcorders with high frame rate capabilities
- Wednesday 13 Sep 2017 - (7571) HP boasts new workstation is ‘the most powerful on the planet’
- Friday 15 Sep 2017 - (6873) Sony's new 120fps 8K broadcast camera offers a step change for live broadcasting
- Wednesday 20 Sep 2017 - (557) Ladies and gentlemen, we are photo-real objects floating in space
- Wednesday 20 Sep 2017 - (558) Cinemartin's Eclipse monitor: slim, light, and bright
- Tuesday 19 Sep 2017 - (1352) Your new, $149 film scanner from Nikon
- Tuesday 19 Sep 2017 - (1883) How to shoot HDR with FS7, FS5 and Fujinon Cine Zoom
- Tuesday 19 Sep 2017 - (3616) The winners of the RedShark News awards at IBC 2017 announced
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR IBC iPhone LED lenses Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic production ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video