23 Dec 2018
Think Christmas lights are just for, well, Christmas? Think again. Here's Neil Oseman's lighting tips on how to use those fairy lights whatever the season may be.Read more...
21 Dec 2018
AJA's new HDR Image Analyzer aims to help smooth out HDR production monitoring, while a firmware update to its FS-HDR converter enables new functionality.Read more...
21 Dec 2018
The RT ACI from Teradek aims to transform the way you interact with your DSMC2 RED camera. And it's shipping now. By RedShark Reporter Mart Goossens.Read more...
20 Dec 2018
If you need to use your smartphone as a professional videomaking tool FiLMiC Pro is one of the go-to apps with which to do it, and now it has received a major boost from an entirely new Log profile.Read more...
20 Dec 2018
Here's what you get when you put a set of Zeiss Supreme Primes onto one of the world's best cameras: the RED MONSTRO VV - and shoot in 8KRead more...
20 Dec 2018
Our recent article about QLC NAND based SSDs stirred some emotions. But here's why you should be taking a much longer term look at this technology, and why it is so important for the future of SSDs.Read more...
19 Dec 2018
Miniatures have been mostly replaced with CGI in todays high tech world of movie production. But minatures have a certain charm, and can still look extremely good indeed, as evidenced by Slice of Life, a Bladerunner inspired fan film that takes low budget miature shots to a whole new level.Read more...
17 Dec 2018
Pond5 and the Tribeca Film Institute have launched a new program aimed at filmmakers who lack resources during what they refer to as the “in-between” phases of movie production.Read more...
14 Dec 2018
With around one and a half years to go until the Tokyo Olympics, Japanese broadcaster NHK is readying for what will inevitably be a watershed point for 8K. But the cameras that will be used, internally at least, be unlike any outside broadcast camera ever used for such an event before. Phil Rhodes looks at current sensor technology and asks…Read more...
- Sunday 10 Feb 2019 - (90711) Five top tips for colorists
- Sunday 17 Feb 2019 - (58017) The art of editing: Five tips to improve your editing performance
- Tuesday 19 Feb 2019 - (22414) This is revolutionary: OLED-like performance from a new type of projector screen
- Monday 11 Feb 2019 - (8548) The Lumix S1 through the eyes of a GH4 and GH5 user
- Wednesday 20 Feb 2019 - (7918) Much faster and better storage is arriving, and it will totally change the way we think about codecs
- Saturday 23 Feb 2019 - (1136) Whatever happened to the 3-chip camera?
- Friday 22 Feb 2019 - (1192) Don't miss RedShark Connect in Burbank, LA, February 28, 6:30 - 9:30pm: Last few free tickets available!
- Friday 22 Feb 2019 - (2953) These smart glasses from LetinAR are a big advance for optical AR
- Friday 22 Feb 2019 - (4954) Is the end getting near for Blu-ray?
- Thursday 21 Feb 2019 - (1099) G-Technology G-Speed Shuttle EV: Here's our extensive video review.
3D 4K 8K Adobe Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR Intel lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video