29 Mar 2018
It can't have escaped your attention that NAB 2018 is fast approaching, so to whet your appetite, here's a flashback from our LiteGear coverage at IBC last year!Read more...
28 Mar 2018
Canon's new camera's name may sound like a hexadecimal memory location, but it's an important leap for the Japanese camera manufacturer, and for the industry. A new lens and two reference monitors announced today too, just in advance of NAB, which starts in ten days timeRead more...
28 Mar 2018
In this exclusive series of articles, we interview Graeme Nattress from RED about the subtle yet fascinating science of digital image creation. Read on for a masterclass in how the magic is woven.Read more...
26 Mar 2018
As NAB approaches, so the big product announcements are starting to trickle in. And this one is certainly a big one. RED has announced a brand new EPIC-W camera based around its new S35 sized GEMINI sensor, and it has a particular speciality when it comes to low light.Read more...
26 Mar 2018
One of the more interesting pieces of research into the trends we will see as the rest of 2018 unfolds comes from Adobe Stock. They’ve identified six visual themes that will dominate the cultural landscape.Read more...
25 Mar 2018
Alphadogs' new documentary takes the saying that if you need an opinion, ask a taxi driver, to a whole new level.Read more...
Replay: In 2015 RedShark's Editor In Chief, David Shapton, spent a day at ARRI's headquarters in Munich. Here's another chance to see this fascinating insight into how ARRI makes its cameras. And from multiple internal heat sinks to incredibly rigorous Quality Control, he was very impressed with what he saw.Read more...
23 Mar 2018
Single camera shooting is often a standard way of shooting drama, but multicam setups are becoming increasingly more used for both television and film. Adam Hamer delves into the many benefits that multicam shooting offers.Read more...
23 Mar 2018
Second hand software? It isn't an option that immediately springs to mind when it comes to saving money. But recent developments in licensing could mean that you could obtain some top level software for not much more than a video game.Read more...
- Saturday 21 Apr 2018 - (50257) What happens after Moore's Law? It's not what you think!
- Saturday 14 Apr 2018 - (28472) Coveted by top movie makers, this is how Cooke makes their lenses
- Wednesday 18 Apr 2018 - (12483) The Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 4K is very real indeed!
- Friday 20 Apr 2018 - (8628) Lightworks is so efficient you can edit 8K on a laptop!
- Wednesday 18 Apr 2018 - (8340) Is Resolve 15 now the ultimate "hero suite"?
- Thursday 26 Apr 2018 - (596) If you need to travel light, here's a neat GH5 interview setup
- Thursday 26 Apr 2018 - (2296) The story of REDCODE: why it’s better now than it’s ever been
- Thursday 26 Apr 2018 - (1049) VR in a web browser? It's already happening
- Wednesday 25 Apr 2018 - (3242) Some people complain about free software. We take a look at this surprising phenomenon
- Wednesday 25 Apr 2018 - (1130) Teradek's new video transmitters offer zero delay transmission over long distances
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HDR IBC iPhone LED lenses Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UAVs UHD VFX video