25 Mar 2019
SmallHD recently launched its new Focus 7 monitor into the world, a very promising looking high brightness on-set display. Read on to find out our verdict.Read more...
24 Mar 2019
Replay: Once upon a time, Deep Focus ruled the cinema screen. Why did it fade in popularity? And do recent consumer and professional technical trends mean that it is now overdue a revival?Read more...
23 Mar 2019
The URSA Mini Pro G2 looks like being a major update to an already very well respected device, and now we have some stunning slow motion test footage from the camera.Read more...
22 Mar 2019
What's the future of film-making? And how do we connect our work today with the way the future's turning out? Should we buy the latest stuff? Or should we wait?Read more...
22 Mar 2019
Restoring a classic series such as Star Trek: The Next Generation or Deep Space Nine, is far from easy. But that's exactly what one fan set out to do, with the help of AI based software.Read more...
21 Mar 2019
Frame.io continues to develop at a fast rate with a dramatic new update.Read more...
20 Mar 2019
Commercials are typically thirty seconds in length, at best. So why, when people shoot short films more or less specifically to promote themselves, do they typically aim for five, ten, or even fifteen-minute productions?Read more...
19 Mar 2019
Roland Denning continues his journey to find out whether the Sony PXW-Z90 really and truly is an Aaton documentary camera for the digital age.Read more...
19 Mar 2019
The Nikon Z 6 is one of the hottest tickets in mirrorless cameras right now, and it's easy to see why. Its paper specifications are certainly enticing, with a full-frame CMOS sensor, 4K video downsampled from a 6K capture, ensuring true 4K imagery, 10-bit 4:2:2 output with N-log to external recorders, and a compact form factor.Read more...
- Monday 8 Apr 2019 - (19220) Blackmagic Design's radical new video editor
- Friday 12 Apr 2019 - (13211) FeiyuTech introduces a new action camera along with innovative gimbal technology
- Friday 5 Apr 2019 - (7281) Ten things not to miss at NAB 2019
- Monday 8 Apr 2019 - (6232) DaVinci Resolve 16 is here, and make no mistake, this is a big update
- Sunday 7 Apr 2019 - (5949) Sony focuses on extending the capabilities of existing hardware at NAB 2019
- Thursday 18 Apr 2019 - (272) Sony’s next PlayStation will feature 8K games
- Thursday 18 Apr 2019 - (440) NAB 2019: NewTek adds Tricaster features & more
- Thursday 18 Apr 2019 - (1257) HP Optane memory can provide huge capacities, but could eliminate lost work too
- Wednesday 17 Apr 2019 - (857) You can't properly judge a camera by the picture you are seeing
- Wednesday 17 Apr 2019 - (1074) NAB 2019: Less is more with Resolve 16
3D 4K 8K Adobe Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR Intel lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video