17 Oct 2012
Many users or potential buyers of Sony’s PMW-F3 Super35 sensor camera have expressed some confusion over the implementation of S-Log gamma in the recently-released version 1.4 firmware of the camera. A niche subject but a very popular camcorder. Ned Soltz investigates.Read more...
11 Oct 2012
The conventional view is that cameras that allow you to work with multiple lenses are always better. Barry Braverman disagrees.Read more...
10 Oct 2012
We've already reviewed the FS700's slow motion capability and now (thanks to @sonyproeurope for bringing this to our attention) it's been used together with an FS100 to capture the colour and spectacle that is a Coldplay stadium gig.Read more...
09 Oct 2012
In recent memory, it seems there has been one name in the inexpensive sport camcorder market: GoPro. Its HD Hero camera set the bar for quality and versatility at a consumer-friendly price-point.Read more...
I'm the first to admit that we're a little bit addicted to Tilt-Shift - and looks like RedShark readers are too: Keith Loutit's Singapore film that we featured a couple of days ago is the most popular piece we've published.Read more...
We're pretty sure Arri doesn't need any help from us to sell their popular Alexa cameras, but we found this clip from an Arri-staged event at IBC 2012 that features Roger Deakins, the award-winning Chief Cinematographer on Skyfall.Read more...
- Sunday 16 Feb 2020 - (63921) Is 4K pointless, or perfect? Or is it both?
- Friday 7 Feb 2020 - (24603) How to build a fast and affordable RAID array on a budget
- Sunday 9 Feb 2020 - (11324) No, 8k isn't going to fail just like 3D. Here's why
- Wednesday 5 Feb 2020 - (7936) The Panasonic S series cameras are go anywhere, do anything powerhouses [sponsored]
- Friday 14 Feb 2020 - (6778) This is why Magix Vegas is now a NLE to look out for
- Thursday 20 Feb 2020 - (107) You want pixels? Samsung will put 108 megapixels in your phone
- Wednesday 19 Feb 2020 - (515) ROKINON announces new ultra light wide angle XEEN CF cine primes
- Wednesday 19 Feb 2020 - (1475) Is Intel back in the game?
- Wednesday 19 Feb 2020 - (788) Truly edit on the move. LumaFusion NLE now exports XML to FCP X
- Tuesday 18 Feb 2020 - (710) PolarPro's LiteChaser Pro announced. It's never been a better time to be a mobile creative
4K 8K AMD Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro GPU Grading HD HDR Intel iPhone LED lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video