12 Jun 2013
This week we've seen one industry workhorse undergo a radical and controversial transformation. Apple's Mac Pro has changed beyond recognition, pleasing some, and dismaying others, as they wonder where they're going to put their expensive expansion cardsRead more...
09 Jun 2013
We'll be getting a Canon 1Dc in a week or two because this is a unique camera: A DSLR that shoots 4K, and captures to MJPEG files which are not only a completely standard format but which preserve each frame in its entiretyRead more...
08 Jun 2013
Sony are launching a new version of their "Anycast" production switcher, the AWS-750. It is smaller and lighter than its predecessor and features an innovative dual touch screen control surfaceRead more...
31 May 2013
There's so much interest in the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera, and so little footage available from it, that when some does appear, it is newsRead more...
25 May 2013
While it's tempting to think that with the Magic Lantern EOS raw hack out in the open that normal, compressed video will never be good enough again, that's taking far too strict a line on it. The fact is that the conventional video output from cameras like the EOS 5D MK III is very good indeed with the exception of…Read more...
22 May 2013
With digital, file-based production, your experience on-set during productions is a potential minefield. Throw a complicated raw workflow into the equation, and you need help. That's the reasoning behind Magic Bullet's BulletProofRead more...
The Canon 1DC is a curious camera. Based on a top-end DSLR design, with essentially only some additional firmware it becomes a 4K camcorder as well. But where does it fit into the increasingly complex matrix of options around high res, high dynamic range (i.e. RAW) devices that are available today at approximately affordable prices?Read more...
17 May 2013
Convergent Design, who gave us one of the biggest product surprises at NAB 2013 with their Odyssey monitor/recorders, has released pricing information about their modular system, including daily rental options for additional and camera-specific codecsRead more...
15 May 2013
If a film is in black and white it is fairly safe to say that it is likely to be old rather than new. Colour is a more recent thing than monochrome. And this is about as old as you can get with colour filmRead more...
- Saturday 4 Apr 2020 - (17653) How to completely break the rules with colour
- Sunday 29 Mar 2020 - (6870) Things are not good for freelancers now, but there is reason for hope
- Wednesday 1 Apr 2020 - (5277) Tilta's transformative BMPCC 4K/6K display mod is now available
- Friday 3 Apr 2020 - (5177) ATEM Mini Pro: Blackmagic Design brings live multi-cam broadcast abilities to... pretty much everyone
- Monday 30 Mar 2020 - (4306) Intel is building a brain the size of a planet
- Thursday 9 Apr 2020 - (445) XMG unveils monster new Ryzen based laptop
- Wednesday 8 Apr 2020 - (657) Covid-19: This is a watershed moment for the virtual box office
- Wednesday 8 Apr 2020 - (1301) Apple releases ProRes RAW beta for Windows
- Tuesday 7 Apr 2020 - (927) Cooke Optics expands its lens range with new anamorphic and full frame models.
- Tuesday 7 Apr 2020 - (1231) Sony announces $100 million Global Relief Fund to help the creative community
4K 8K AMD Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro GPU Grading HD HDR Intel iPhone LED lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video