19 Jul 2013
Even with an abundance of incredible views, you still need an outstanding eye for composition and a highly developed photographic technique to get pictures like theseRead more...
Recently I got to speak to Toby Lockerbie who has been able to try a preview of the new firmware upgrade for the Sony FS-700 and the big reveal that I hadn’t heard about before, is that the new firmware brings with it even greater ability in low light! Add a metabones speed booster and the camera really does…Read more...
When we saw this shot we thought it must be CGI. The thing is, how do you get a high quality camera 500 m above a rocket launch pad, and keep it there throughout the launch. This is the sort of thing you'd normally have to do, painstakingly, with animation and compositingRead more...
03 Jul 2013
The typically grey and murky English weather is the bane of photographer's lives but on this occasion it only adds to the sense of foreboding as we look at these weird, sinister relicsRead more...
02 Jul 2013
Hollywood equipment house AbelCine has been serving the needs of professionals for years. Now they're educating pros too, with two videos explaining Sony F55 camera and post workflow.Read more...
- Sunday 15 Mar 2020 - (61678) The art of editing: Five tips to improve your editing performance
- Thursday 19 Mar 2020 - (17666) This clever new algorithm can make 3D objects from 2D photos
- Sunday 22 Mar 2020 - (15920) 61 years ago the biggest industry advance ever was revealed at NAB
- Friday 20 Mar 2020 - (8840) FPGAs are already amazing. This one shows us the future
- Thursday 19 Mar 2020 - (4694) 2020 iPad Pro announced: It's a glimpse of the future
- Sunday 29 Mar 2020 - (508) PD Movie Remote Air Pro 3 "appeals to exactly the productions that need it most"
- Saturday 28 Mar 2020 - (1092) SSL 2+ is a chunky professional audio interface with the irresistible bonus of that “SSL Sound”
- Friday 27 Mar 2020 - (730) Your computer could be part of valuable research into Covid-19
- Friday 27 Mar 2020 - (1522) Tourbox: The control surface you can use for anything?
- Friday 27 Mar 2020 - (3015) New compression tech turns existing codecs on their head
4K 8K AMD Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro GPU Grading HD HDR Intel iPhone LED lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video