We've been given a RED EPIC M Monochrome to use for a couple of weeks, lent to us by RED’s European headquarters in Pinewood Studios, West London. Why does this very high resolution black and white video camera even exist?Read more...
The new Panasonic Lumix GH3 builds on its predecessor's video-friendly credentials, offering better compression and an all-round improved package. RedShark regular contributor Mark McCarthy of Sparky Media Productions bought one, and put it through its pacesRead more...
Today's digital cinematography cameras come with a list of specifications that can excite and baffle in equal measures. There seems to be no end to the debate about resolution, dynamic range, noise and depth of fieldRead more...
07 Dec 2012
RedShark contributor Phil Rhodes pointed out something to me the other day that sounds obvious when you hear it: that camera makers never used to make film, and yet - if you can remember that far back - it is the film that determines the quality and feel of the photograph (and the lens, of course), not the cameraRead more...
04 Dec 2012
Atomos has finally released their Avid DNxHD upgrade for Ninja-2 field recorders. First hinted at over a year ago, the new firmware upgrade will allow direct capture from HDMI sources into the Avid format, which is usually lossless at higher bitratesRead more...
29 Nov 2012
Ned Soltz, our East Coast correspondent, has all the details on the new Sony pricing, and how it will stir up the Digital Cinematography marketplaceRead more...
28 Nov 2012
In what is becoming an industry trend, Music video FX impresario Stephan Zlotescu and N1ON score a feature deal from their CGI-fueled video. At RedShark, we’re suckers for a great Sci-Fi short.Read more...
- Sunday 17 Nov 2019 - (15444) This isn't a photograph - it's an amazing render
- Friday 8 Nov 2019 - (13491) Has the Holy Grail of long term storage finally been discovered?
- Wednesday 13 Nov 2019 - (5017) 16" Macbook Pro is a big step forward
- Monday 11 Nov 2019 - (4810) AMD announces Ryzen 9 3950X
- Tuesday 19 Nov 2019 - (4406) Netflix now requires its films to be made in HDR
- Thursday 21 Nov 2019 - (177) We're only at the beginning of what computational photography will bring
- Wednesday 20 Nov 2019 - (800) Plugable's Thunderbolt 3 SSD is astoundingly fast portable storage
- Wednesday 20 Nov 2019 - (964) Here's a comprehensive tutorial video for DaVinci Resolve's Cut Page
- Wednesday 20 Nov 2019 - (1008) AMD announces Radeon Pro W5700 with 7nm fabrication
- Tuesday 19 Nov 2019 - (2244) Here's our first impressions of the GoPro Hero 8
4K 8K AMD Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro GPU Grading HD HDR Intel iPhone LED lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video