23 Feb 2013
Drift Innovation, manufacturers of action cameras like the Ghost and the Drift HD, have released a new accessory for timelapse enthusiastsRead more...
23 Feb 2013
Apart from colour saturation, contrast, and a a shallow depth of field, one of the most cinematic things you can do to your images is to film them in a cinematic aspect ratio. And since most sensors come in 16:9, which is widescreen but nowhere near as wide as 2.35 to 1, for example, then the only way to shoot…Read more...
20 Feb 2013
Have you ever heard the collective sound of several hundred people's jaws dropping? If you've been to a cinema where they're showing the Life of Pi for the first time, then you probably haveRead more...
We're very excited about this video. It is filmed using HDR (High Dynamic Range) and gives the video a very distinctive look that is entirely appropriate for its subject matter: New York. And it may just be a very important moment in the history of film-makingRead more...
18 Feb 2013
A cloud based studio? Yes it’s possible and is already happeningRead more...
The NEX-EA50EH is an NXCAM Camcorder with a large format Exmor APS-C HD CMOS sensor and interchangeable E-Mount lens system that can shoot in full HD and take 16 megapixel still photos. It comes with the newly developed SEL-P18200 18-200mm Power Zoom E-mount lens with “Optical Steady Shot” image stabilisationRead more...
- Sunday 3 Nov 2019 - (39958) What you need to know about Aspect Ratios and Letterboxing
- Friday 8 Nov 2019 - (13074) Has the Holy Grail of long term storage finally been discovered?
- Friday 1 Nov 2019 - (6558) Canon EOS C500 II in action. "Probably the cleanest camera I've used"
- Monday 11 Nov 2019 - (4301) AMD announces Ryzen 9 3950X
- Tuesday 12 Nov 2019 - (3864) Dell's pint sized workstation is more powerful than you might think
- Thursday 14 Nov 2019 - (134) Firstlight app wraps pro photo features in an ultra clean interface
- Wednesday 13 Nov 2019 - (955) 16" Macbook Pro is a big step forward
- Wednesday 13 Nov 2019 - (743) Intel introduces 10th Gen Comet Lake U and Y series
- Wednesday 13 Nov 2019 - (778) Grading on the move with the ASUS ProArt PQ22UC
- Wednesday 13 Nov 2019 - (752) Sumo 19 users rejoice: Multi-cam switching is here
4K 8K AMD Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro GPU Grading HD HDR Intel iPhone LED lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video